Author Topic: Pseudopod 179: Fading Light  (Read 8851 times)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Re: Pseudopod 179: Fading Light
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 06:47:57 PM »
Thumbs up. Good stuff.

I felt the boarding house had shades of The Dreams in the Witch House where the place was at a convergence of worlds. I imagined hulking things thumping between the walls. Boarders moved in and slowly drained of their energies until they faded away from our realm completely. Then their posessions were cleared out and a new space was opened up in the belly of the beast for someone new. We saw the prior victim at the beginning.

I also liked the ambiguity as to whether or not it was removing the identity of the person and the imprint they made on the world entirely. As if they and everything they were was consumed.
All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

wakela

• Hipparch
    • Mr. Wake
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 12:09:22 AM »
I had a hard time getting into this one.  I thought the reading was monotone, and nothing really interesting happened for a very long time.

WhiteShadow

• Extern
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 02:48:32 AM »
I didnt mind the reading at all but I think I missed something in the story. It seemed too straightfoward, more like something you would tell around the campfire. I was expecting something a little more deep. But, like I said, I think I missed something. I'll have to give it a second listen.
"I'll live through this in a manner cursed at my own accord"
Coheed&Cambria