Author Topic: Daikaiju as a fundraiser?  (Read 2625 times)

metalwheaties

• Extern
on: April 02, 2010, 10:53:22 PM
I see there are a LOT of people who like Daikaiju's music on this forum.  Maybe someone at Escape Pod could negotiate a deal with Daikaiju to sell MP3s of the songs from their (as far as I can tell) completely out of print and unavailable album "Phasing Spider Menace" to help raise money for Escape Pod?  I don't see why they wouldn't be up for it since they're obviously letting the music languish.  The exposure would be good for them, they might get a little part of the revenue that was generated, and it would make many Escape Pod listeners happy - including me.

Has this been suggested, thought of, or even tried before?

BTW: I love Escape Pod.  I drive ~600 miles round trip nearly every weekend (girlfriend in Seattle while I live in and have to work in Spokane) and Escape Pod makes the drive not only bearable, but I look forward to it.

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:01:44 PM
It sounds like a great idea to me.  We'll have to look into that.

Welcome to the forums!  It's nice to have an EP fan as a neighbor.  I live in Coeur d'Alene.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:03:27 AM
FWIW, I had sent a pm to kaijusaafu (aka Secret-man) via the surfguitar101.com forum messaging, asking about older tunes like "Phasing Spider Menace" and the newer ones that you can hear on their myspace page.

I got this reply dated Sep 29, 2009:
All of those songs and more have been recorded to be released on the next Daikaiju cd. I am still not entirely happy with the mixes, so I want to take a crack at remixing/remastering the songs before committing to release them as a collection. Zombie Harem (the version on MySpace) will be available for download as a single off of iTunes and other online music services. The other tracks will hopefully be ready sooner than later. I will keep you posted.

cheers,
s
team daikaiju
So, keep your phalanges crossed.

Oh, and on Oct. 15 2009 he announced:
Daikaiju transforms into Daikaiju West (secret-man, dead-man, beat-man, ?-man) and Daikaiju East (secret-man, rumble-man, abstract-man, rock-man)...
Busy guy.

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")