Author Topic: Steve and Anna Eley have a girl  (Read 21620 times)

Loz

• Lochage
    • Blah Flowers
Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 07:55:00 AM
Congratulations to the Eleys!

oddpod

• Matross
Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 08:08:07 AM
boo-ya!

card carying dislexic and  gramatical revolushonery

cuddlebug

• Peltast
Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 10:35:56 PM
Congratulations on the new baby,  Anna & Steve. And please bring back the geek dad intros, I loved them. Maybe some geek mom intros might be in order too?

internalogic

• Palmer
Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 05:22:20 AM
Ditto to all the other well-wishes!

You've planted a whole lot of great karma through the podcast.  May it be revisited 100-fold upon your new daughter and upon your family in the form of copious and self-augmenting well-being, health, and fine visions.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 01:11:56 PM
Congratulations!  Yeah, I know I'm late to the congratting party.  Fashionably late, don'tchaknow.   :)

JDHarper

• Extern
Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 05:35:37 PM
I came in here wondering what had happened to Escape Pod. Then I saw: A baby happened.

Congrats!

Thomas Daulton

• Matross
Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 06:53:09 PM
Yet another late congrats!  I was wondering about the EP delay, but now I see that you have a doctor's note.  You're excused.   ;)

The life experience should make Steve an even better writer, due to sleep deprivation if nothing else...

"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost." --J.R.R. TOLKIEN

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 10:31:14 PM
Hope all is going well with the new one.  and again congratulations.  And remember anyone who is getting antsy about any delays with escape pod or any other podcast they may listen to.  These people give of their time, which means they get that much less to spend with their families.  Most have a full time job and squeeze in any creative output that us consumers tend to demand at the expensive of time with families and time working on their own wants and desires.  I think JC Hutchins explains it best to someone who had the nerve to say "where is my bonus content for buying the print version of your book that you gave away for free online"  I guess what I am saying is thanks Steve, take all the time you need with your family.  And to all of the families of of all the Escape Artists staff thanks for sacrificing your time with them so we can enjoy Escape Artists Podcasts and forums.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 02:25:08 PM
...And remember anyone who is getting antsy about any delays with escape pod or any other podcast they may listen to.  These people give of their time, which means they get that much less to spend with their families.  Most have a full time job and squeeze in any creative output that us consumers tend to demand at the expensive of time with families and time working on their own wants and desires.  I think JC Hutchins explains it best to someone who had the nerve to say "where is my bonus content for buying the print version of your book that you gave away for free online"  I guess what I am saying is thanks Steve, take all the time you need with your family. 

Hey, I'm good with it... I recently picked up on three more podcasts with backlogs that go back to 2005, so EP going on "limited release" helps my efforts to catch up..

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

chrischrischris

• Extern
Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 07:24:05 PM
As some said before I was coming to make sure everything was okay and see if there is a reason for the delays?  Wow, congrats on the new little one.  Hope all is still doing well and everybody is starting to sleep.  2 pieces of advice:  It is okay to go into a store and pick out 6 dresses for your daughter and a single pair of shorts for the boy.  Fathers really do enjoy dressing up their daughters, and it is okay (that is what I tell myself at least).  2: They are SO DIFFERENT.  I used to think boys and girls came out the same and we (along with society) changed them.  She will be reaching for Barbie dolls (whether you like them or not) a month or two after reaching for you.  They (usually) just like pink over blue.  For me it was the most bizarre experiment I think I have ever done.  My daughter reached for the pink baby doll before she could sit up by herself.  No at three she wants a baby doll ALL THE TIME. 

And yes you really do have a Dr.'s excuse. 

eps

• Extern
Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 06:55:44 AM
I also had become concerned after a month of no new podcasts. This evening it dawned on me that perhaps the baby had been born and as the ad says, "Quality is job 1" Glad to hear all is well.   

scifiguy7

• Extern
Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 06:22:06 PM
My sincere congrats to Steve and Anna on the new addition! I feel a certain kinship with Steve in that we had our first children (twins) about the same time as his boy was born. I've especially enjoyed the occasional dad moment intro/outros because of that.

I would add, though, that I'm posting for the same reason as the last couple of people. I understand EscapePod is primarily a labor of love for Steve and the rest of the EscapeArtists crew, but it has also had a regular track record with only a few bumps in the release schedule over the years. Since people are clearly becoming worried with the status of EscapePod (BTW, I'm behind and just catching up to 01/2010 myself), perhaps Steve or one of the other editors could find the time to put a 5 minute "the baby arrived and EP is on hold until we get our lives back in order, check back regularly..." posting in the feed?

Back to celebrating...Steve, we love you guys, let us know if there's anything the community can do to help you out!

Yargling

• Peltast
Reply #37 on: April 04, 2010, 12:42:01 PM
So... Steve, whilst we're waiting for the lil' sprog to calm down and let you return to helm of the podcast, can we know what you've named her?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #38 on: April 04, 2010, 07:22:51 PM
Harper Elizabeth Eley. 7 lbs 14 oz. Anna's fine; baby's in NICU but nothing critical.  http://twitpic.com/16gxl4

:)

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #39 on: April 05, 2010, 03:40:33 AM
Congratulations, Eleys!

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

zcarter80

• Extern
Reply #40 on: April 05, 2010, 06:57:24 AM
Wow!!! I had no idea that was the delay on the new episodes. Now i feel a bit like a whiner for making a fuss. I wish your child the best of all life's experiences with the minimal amount of its pains, the brightest of futures with the wisdom to know no fear in the darkness, and the opportunity to know the world that has been changed by you and your wife was the same wold you changed for her, just like you have changed it for us all. A Most heart felt congratulations on the birth of a story just waiting to be written.

enigmatica

• Extern
Reply #41 on: April 06, 2010, 01:17:46 PM
Congratulations Steve and Anna!  I was just thinking "Man, I hope Steve does a geek dad intro soon.  Those are the best." Now, methinks I may get my wish. ;D

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #42 on: April 06, 2010, 01:44:39 PM
I have met the baby. She's very cute. (I ran into Anna at Frolicon.)

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #43 on: April 06, 2010, 05:38:34 PM
I have met the baby. She's very cute. (I ran into Anna at Frolicon.)
Well I guess that answers my question of is the baby home or still in nicu.

Dave

• Peltast
    • I Can Bend Minds With My Spoon
Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 12:36:38 AM
Gratz!

-Dave (aka Nev the Deranged)

fuzzygnome

• Palmer
Reply #45 on: April 07, 2010, 11:18:38 AM
I peeked in the forums earlier this week, looking for a "Escapepod Hiatus" entry, and didn't find any.  I dropped my donations shortly after, having been well into over a month with no word.
I was going to comment on a podcastle today and noticed this thread, SO glad I did!  Don't get me wrong, I really am happy for Steve and I am looking forward (hopefully) to his upcoming geek dad segments which have always been a personal favorite of mine.   

But please say something! 

It would only take a few minutes and would make many who do not often participate in the forums  (like me) sit tight a while longer.  Podcastle, Pseudopod, Escapepod and Drabblecast are outstanding in many ways, but the main thing is that they have been markets that buy and produce stories weekly.  That is hella-frequent.  It's crazy consistent if you think about it. It's twice as much work, or more, than all of the competition I've listened to, like Variant Frequencies, etc, which are far less regular (and amazingly, always far less in quality in too!)
  I give to the EA and Drabblecast because they really do turn out amazing stuff like short order chefs at IHOP.   I will start up again with Escapepod now that I saw this thread, but please someone in EA: Steve, Ben, Norm, Al, Rachel, someone!  Put something out on the feed and website at least (and an official "Sit Tight" thread in the forum wouldn't hurt either) so this long break won't be as damaging financially at least.
Take as much time as you need, honestly, but there are people out there who don't know about this thread who feel high and dry right now. 
It's just a suggestion, but I bet a very easy fix to something that must be causing a significant drop in revenue.

clichekiller

• Palmer
Reply #46 on: April 07, 2010, 09:11:39 PM
Take as much time as you need, honestly, but there are people out there who don't know about this thread who feel high and dry right now. 
It's just a suggestion, but I bet a very easy fix to something that must be causing a significant drop in revenue.
I had no clue they were expecting much less delivered.  Congrats and best wishes to all the Eleys. 

zcarter80

• Extern
Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 04:26:18 AM
Im sure that if The Eley tribe has been spotted out in public gathering food and supplies that they need to feed their young that they are doing quite well. not to mention the podcasts havent seen any interruption over at podcastle or pseudopod so im certain that Steve is using stone tools to craft an mp3 file for us or at least a few cave drawings to tide us over until things are back in full swing. so until then has anyone heard about a potential release date for the next podcast?

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 04:32:13 AM
Im sure that if The Eley tribe has been spotted out in public gathering food and supplies that they need to feed their young that they are doing quite well. not to mention the podcasts havent seen any interruption over at podcastle or pseudopod so im certain that Steve is using stone tools to craft an mp3 file for us or at least a few cave drawings to tide us over until things are back in full swing. so until then has anyone heard about a potential release date for the next podcast?

Steve posted here: http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=3468.60

As for the next podcast, the only word I've heard is soon.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.