Author Topic: Trouble downloading some podcasts  (Read 4223 times)

Boggled Coriander

• Lochage
    • Balancing Frogs
on: March 30, 2010, 06:46:21 AM
I'm having a problem downloading mp3s for some podcasts (Variant Frequencies, for one).  I can play the mp3 in my browser window, but any attempt to download it results in a "no permission to read file" message.  Going straight to the mp3 feed doesn't help.  Any idea/hints?

"The meteor formed a crater, vampires crawling out of the crater." -  The Lyttle Lytton contest

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 07:12:16 AM
that's weird.
what browser are you using?

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Boggled Coriander

• Lochage
    • Balancing Frogs
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 07:30:16 AM
Huh.  Changing browsers seems to fix it.  I'd been using Safari, but once I tried Firefox the problem went away.  Thanks for the idea.

But I'm still concerned.  I've been using Safari as my primary browser for close to a year and I never had anything like this problem before.  For the record, it was specifically VF and I Should Be Writing that gave me trouble; I had no problem downloading NPR podcasts, BBC podcasts, Drabblecast, anything put out by Escape Artists, or a couple dozen other miscellaneous mp3s I've grabbed from around the Internet.  Weird.

"The meteor formed a crater, vampires crawling out of the crater." -  The Lyttle Lytton contest

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 12:12:53 PM
If variant frequencies has a forum I'd consider asking there. Its possible they and/or ISBW may have made some technical changes recently which may have affected things.

Or maybe not, I donno. But its a reasonable guess. :)

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 01:09:38 PM
I know ISBW was recently hacked and rebuilt from Mur's twitter feed.