Author Topic: How do I get involved with EA? Who should I contact?  (Read 4590 times)

M the Jo

• Extern
With the resignation of Steve Eley I am certain that Escape Artists is going to need some new volunteers.  Who should I contact if I am interested in getting involved? 

M-Jo
m_jo at pobox dot com

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:23:25 PM
At this point, the best thing to do would be to PM Ben Phillips, SFEley, or me.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 10:28:16 PM
I'd e-mailed Steve around the new year, heard briefly back and then nothing (presumably related to the ongoing life changes).  I'm totally still up for volunteering for any of the 'pods, though...

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 12:26:54 AM
I'd e-mailed Steve around the new year, heard briefly back and then nothing (presumably related to the ongoing life changes).  I'm totally still up for volunteering for any of the 'pods, though...

Ben might be the person to PM/email right now, for general stuff. For pod-specific stuff, you could email/PM the editors, or even the forum mods.

Ben Phillips

• Lich King
  • Matross
    • Pseudopod
Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 09:44:05 PM
It's not as good a time as you might think for new people to contact us with offers of help, since we still have most of our volunteers and contacts for the usual stuff, and less time than usual to field more...  EXCEPT for the following.  If you know anyone who resembles the description below and may be looking for a pet project and a little extra cash, please have them send me a resume (ben@escapeartists.net) right away.

We need someone with experience running a business, who preferably holds an MBA; who has, or knows someone who has, or can efficiently find, contacts in marketing for the film, television, and/or video game industries.  Given our lack of success soliciting sponsorships from book publishers (they may not have much of a marketing budget themselves these days, we're guessing), we are turning to these other entertainment industries next for sponsorships.  I just have no idea how to do that, frankly no real idea how to run a business at all (it was always my plan to find a real CEO to take over from me), and if I can shoot two birds with one new CEO / Ad Sales Rep, I think that would be the smartest thing for us to do right now.  They might end up being two different people (a CEO and then an Ad Sales Rep), and that's a possibility I'm willing to consider as well.

(Yeah, we're going to get Escape Pod back on the rails first, but this is close behind as priority #2, and it's not too early for us to start looking.)