Author Topic: Effie's Shameless Self Promotion Thread  (Read 9750 times)

Effie Collins

• Peltast
    • Little Bits and Pieces
on: April 14, 2010, 10:09:11 PM
So, this is where you can find my blog and published works. I'll update the thread as new works become available. If anyone is feeling inclined, and wants something to cure their boredom, have a read. Titles are clickable links to the blog, online zines, or to websites for print mag purchase information, or to podcasts (I have none of those yet, but will have one available at the end of May/beginning of June, so check back if you want).

My Blog:

Little Bits and Pieces (Blogspot)

Short Fiction:

Teddy (The Piker Press)

Too Little, Too Late (The Piker Press)

The Keepsake (SNM Horror Magazine April 2010 Issue #1, available only until May 1st)

Poetry:

Addicted (Short Story Library)

Terrible Beauty (Emerald Tales November Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror Special Edition)

In A Moment a trio of poems (The Piker Press)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:12:43 PM by Effie Collins »

I finally got 700 monkeys. Now all I need is 700 typewriters and some way to live for 700 years...

Effie Collins

• Peltast
    • Little Bits and Pieces
Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 01:38:36 AM
All right now, I can update this thread at last.

Shadowcast Audio Anthology published my story today. Go have a listen!

Deadly Heirloom

I finally got 700 monkeys. Now all I need is 700 typewriters and some way to live for 700 years...

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 02:39:00 AM
Hey Effie, Congratulations!! I'm downloading the podcast now and will listen to it as soon as I get a chance.

Effie Collins

• Peltast
    • Little Bits and Pieces
Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 06:11:04 PM
Thanks you muches. :) I really enjoyed writing that story. Hope you enjoy as much as I did.

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 01:37:24 PM
Hey Effie,  I finally got a chance to listen to the story.

I have to start off with a caviat: I really don't like horror...
So, my ultimate reaction to the story was "Blauahck!"...shudder...
But considering the ending, I guess that's a good thing  :D

I did enjoy listening to the story, and it did keep me interested.
My favourite part was the fact that the dog had it's own house. I did wonder how someone who can barely afford to eat in the winter has enough money to buy even a small, beat up trailer home. Maybe he got it from someone who was just desperate to get it off their property? A few words to that effect would have quieted that quibble for me and let me enjoy that jewel without reservation.

Good job and thanks for sharing this with us.

Effie Collins

• Peltast
    • Little Bits and Pieces
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 03:54:26 PM
Well thank you. :) I sometimes take for granted that readers/listeners understand certain things. It's a curse... never enough detail in my stuff.

As for a new update... ;)

Horror and poetry are have a hard marriage, and I try so hard to make it work. This is one of the few instances I've made it happen.

Brothel of Wicked Fantasy

Effie Collins

• Peltast
    • Little Bits and Pieces
Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 05:01:51 PM
Part One of my novelette, Black Rainbow.

Effie Collins

• Peltast
    • Little Bits and Pieces
Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 02:29:38 AM