Author Topic: The Ninth Doctor is the Invisible Man  (Read 9736 times)

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
on: February 01, 2007, 06:14:51 AM
Christopher Eccelson is playing the invisible man in Heros, for anyone's that's a fan of him from Doctor Who.

He actually feels more like the main character than the main character does, but that might just be my Doctor-philia kicking in.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 06:48:37 AM
Christopher Eccelson is playing the invisible man in Heros, for anyone's that's a fan of him from Doctor Who.

Yep.  The hair and makeup are so completely different that I didn't recognize him at first.  It was only his voice, and the fact that he was listed as a guest star, that made the association for me.

George Takei was in this one too.  They appear to be whipping all the SF stars out for their buildup to the end of the season.  At this point I won't be surprised if Linderman turns out to be Mark Hamill.  >8->

I was also happy that Masi Oka, who plays Hiro, is on Wired's list of sexiest geeks.  He's not just an actor -- he's a CGI effects programmer for Industrial Light & Magic, and he's still programming part-time while he's starring in this show.  That's astoundingly cool.

...Yeah, I'm a fan of this show.  It's fun.  It succeeds in striking serious notes while never really losing that sense of fun and wonder.

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:22:59 AM
Current rumours about Lindemann are that Malcolm Mcdowell has been offered the part, which would be great. 

J.R. Blackwell

• Palmer
  • . . . jumps on hotel beds.
    • 365 Tomorrows
Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 07:49:02 PM
Just for fun, my roommates and I like to pretend that he's still the Doctor, just that he's lost his memory. This is much easier to justify than one might, at first, think, especially since Doctor Who has been proven to be able to do. . .well. . .just about anything.

Yes. It's nerdy. I know.

My Podcast: http://voicesoftomorrow.libsyn.com
My Blog:http://blackwell.livejournal.com/
My Photos:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrblackwell/

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 09:04:59 PM
I'm personally keeping my eye out for a police public call box in Manhattan. The Ninth doctor has to have more stories than just the Dalek arc.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

billmtracer

• Extern
Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 10:03:52 PM
I'm definitely a Heroes fan.

And this newest hero is a great role for Eccelson.

But, what I'm not so sure about is why Peter seems so certain he can teach him how to control his powers? It's strange how Peter almost instantly placed so much confidence in the man, considering he's a cynical and undisciplined thief, who appears to just use his invisibility as a ticket to mooch off the rest of the world.

ClintMemo

• Hipparch
Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 06:16:15 PM
Speaking of Heroes, please tell me that someone besides me saw the obvious Star Trek sight-gag/reference in this week's episode.  I had a lunchroom conversation about it at work the next day and no one but me saw it.

Life is a multiple choice test. Unfortunately, the answers are not provided.  You have to go and find them before picking the best one.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 09:13:14 PM
Yeah, Sulu's car's license plate was NCC-1701.

What, you don't know what NCC-1701 means?

Well, I think you're just gonna have to hand in your geek card.

billmtracer

• Extern
Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 09:30:40 PM
Wow, I totally didn't notice that little detail. And I'm usually pretty good at spotting stuff like that. I must now go back to the tape I recorded it on, and check it out.

ClintMemo

• Hipparch
Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 12:07:28 AM
Yeah, Sulu's car's license plate was NCC-1701.

What, you don't know what NCC-1701 means?

Well, I think you're just gonna have to hand in your geek card.

Good!  I'm glad my Tivo and I were not hallucinating.  It's funny that I saw it and my friends, since one of my  (well earned) nicknames is "Mr. Oblivious". (The other is "The Human Safety Net", but we're now all old enough that it doesn't matter much anymore)

Life is a multiple choice test. Unfortunately, the answers are not provided.  You have to go and find them before picking the best one.