Author Topic: Best Horror Movie Ever Poll - Red Shirt Round (Movie Murder)  (Read 7291 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
This week, I am changing it up.  You will vote to eliminate the four worst movies (in your opinion) from this list of 20 Best Horror Movies Ever.  You have assembled a fine group of flicks.  Now it is time to cull the herd, to hack up some fornicating teenagers, to feed the Beast lurking in the shadows.  Who will survive?  It's up to you.

Coming up: I am also changing the format of the final rounds.  I will be modeling this competition using Ocicat's style by kicking off some one-on-one run-offs, starting next week.  Those are a lot of fun; and if it works, why change it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:50:15 AM by Swamp »

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Hum, that's hard!  I've seen 15 of these I think... and I don't want to vote against the ones I haven't seen.  Of the ones I have seen, I could only pick two I really wanted dropped from the contest.

Swamp

• Hipparch
Holy Crap, The Omen already has two votes against it! :o   I would hate to see it go because I find the movie so horrorific. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:45:58 PM by Swamp »

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
It's a lot harder to pick things I dislike or disapprove of than to pick things I like...  It feels a lot more judgmental to vote someone off the island than to vote for the ones I like best.

Swamp

• Hipparch
It's a lot harder to pick things I dislike or disapprove of than to pick things I like...  It feels a lot more judgmental to vote someone off the island than to vote for the ones I like best.

Yes, I thought it would be interesting to turn the tables, but just for this round (unless there is a tie).

Effie Collins

• Peltast
    • Little Bits and Pieces
I love eliminating, rather than voting for. I know what I like and what I don't like. Because there are varying degrees of the films I like, it's harder. But if I dislike something, that's the band, baby.

I finally got 700 monkeys. Now all I need is 700 typewriters and some way to live for 700 years...

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Can I vote for 'Scream' four times? :P

Swamp

• Hipparch
Can I vote for 'Scream' four times? :P

Heh.  Sorry, you can't.  But it looks like you won't need to, anyway

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
I'm...wow. I like Scream, but I'm kind of surprised it's in the lead. And in the lead by that much.

Swamp

• Hipparch
I'm...wow. I like Scream, but I'm kind of surprised it's in the lead. And in the lead by that much.

This round is an elimination round.  People are voting for which movies they want to be removed from the list.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir

This round is an elimination round.  People are voting for which movies they want to be removed from the list.

D'oh! My bad...should've read that closer in the original post.  :-\

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Interesting that Se7en has three votes and Silence of the Lambs has none. I'd quantify these as equivalent. Serial killer movies with a compelling bad guy. Any theories on the disparity?

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
SILENCE has slightly more "presence" and is slightly less "gimmicky" than SE7EN, perhaps?  I'm more dismayed by VIDEODROME's votes - I can't think of a more prescient and currently relevant horror film in this Internet age.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
I voted for Pan's Labyrinth, Videodrome, and sixth sense mostly because I don't really think those 3 fit into the horror category.  I loved both Sixth Sense and Pan's Labyrinth, but I wouldn't call them horror YMMV.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
So, Scream and Videodrome are obviously eliminated.  Four more are tied with 4 votes.

I'd recommend a tiebreaker poll with these four, where we get one vote, for best horror movie, and the top two get to be in the finals.

Swamp

• Hipparch
So, Scream and Videodrome are obviously eliminated.  Four more are tied with 4 votes.

I'd recommend a tiebreaker poll with these four, where we get one vote, for best horror movie, and the top two get to be in the finals.

You read my mind.  I was going to put the tie-braeker up last night, but was too busy.  I do think switching to elimination rather than selecting the best was a bit confusing.  I thought I'd try it, and it was fun, but picking your favorite seems the best course (unless elimination had been the method all along).

I like the idea of one vote, so I am glad there was time for your suggestion.   I was going to have everyone vote for two, but that may be inviting another tie.