Author Topic: PodCastle Episode 107  (Read 5318 times)

Anarkey

• Meen Pie
  • Hipparch
  • ...depends a good deal on where you want to get to
on: June 11, 2010, 11:12:33 PM
Hello, Pseudopodders!

It's been suggested that our most recent PodCastle offering, Hal Duncan's "Behold of the Eye" is actually horror.  Although, I disagree, it's possible some of you may enjoy it.  So, if you never listen to PC, why don't you try us out this week?  Your commentary on the story is welcome.

Other episodes that we think of as a little on the dark side, suitable for PP fans:  The Olverung and The Mermaid's Tea Party

If these stories satisfy, and listeners here would like to be alerted when we run things with a horror slant on PC, let me know, and I'll try to post on this thread whenever something like that comes up.

Winner Nash's 1000th member betting pool + Thaurismunths' Free Rice Contest!

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 01:53:30 AM
Hey!  You got PodCastle in my Pseudopod!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 03:21:07 AM
Now someone needs to write a story where Smidgeon the Snack Cake develops an irrefusable thirst for blood, and some sort of weird trifecta will be complete.

FireTurtle

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 03:52:36 AM
Now someone needs to write a story where Smidgeon the Snack Cake develops an irrefusable thirst for blood, and some sort of weird trifecta will be complete.
I think we covered the PP aspect already what with erotic consumption next to a rotting corpse. I think Smidgen needs to get him some dragon!

“My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it.”
Ursula K. LeGuin

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 04:09:04 AM
I think we covered the PP aspect already what with erotic consumption next to a rotting corpse. I think Smidgen needs to get him some dragon!

Now I'm envisioning a fire-breathing snack cake.

Whoa.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 11:07:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up. They are now downloaded :)

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Anarkey

• Meen Pie
  • Hipparch
  • ...depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 12:30:38 PM

Two great tastes, dude, two great tastes.

Winner Nash's 1000th member betting pool + Thaurismunths' Free Rice Contest!

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 07:42:16 AM

Two great tastes, dude, two great tastes.

FTW!

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham