Author Topic: Best Horror Movie Ever Poll - Playoff 6 of 8  (Read 3487 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
on: July 06, 2010, 04:29:50 PM
So it turns out that when the spacecraft harboring the Brood queen alien lands in Great Britain, the alien is impervious to the Rage virus.  It easily kills all but a few of the Infected, leaving a few in order to breed.  When hatched, the aliens can work on the rest of the world.

As you may have guessed Alien beat out 28 Days Later last week.

This week we have a classic killer with mommy issues vs. dark fantasy creatures and a daddy with control issues.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 04:32:12 PM by Swamp »

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:57:13 PM
Hm.  "Psycho" is one of the pillars of the genre, but I honestly prefer "Pan's Labyrinth" as an overall film.  I'm not sure that I'd call it the best horror movie, though; it struck me as being a bit too far into the mythic wonder to be really horrifying.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 12:36:16 AM
Wow, ya - I'm with Scattercat.  Pan's Labyrinth is a very powerful movie, even a horrific one.  I had no problem voting for it in the initial rounds, I love the movie.  It resonates with me far more than Psycho.  But Psycho is a classic and a masterpiece for a reason.  And when the poll is called "Best Horror Movie Ever" I can't shake the feeling that it qualifies far better.