Author Topic: PC112: The Somnambulist  (Read 17491 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 05:46:13 PM
Just thought it was a funny coincidence. And I realized I never commented on this story when it aired! I loved it.

I'm not sure what coincidence you're referring to.  The story is about sleepwalkers, and the fact that it's named The Somnambulist is because it is about sleepwalkers.  Or were you talking about something else?  I'm not disagreeing, necessarily, I'm just not sure what you're referring to.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 05:47:17 PM
Just thought it was a funny coincidence. And I realized I never commented on this story when it aired! I loved it.

I'm not sure what coincidence you're referring to.  The story is about sleepwalkers, and the fact that it's named The Somnambulist is because it is about sleepwalkers.  Or were you talking about something else?  I'm not disagreeing, necessarily, I'm just not sure what you're referring to.

Oh wait, I think the coincidence is that the word of the day happens to be the same as the story title shortly after the story release.  I don't know how I missed that the first time--never mind!

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 05:50:11 PM
You, um, blinked?

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 06:20:57 PM
You, um, blinked?

Impossible!  Avatar names don't lie.   :D

gateaux

• Peltast
    • sketch blog
Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 02:59:22 AM

Oh wait, I think the coincidence is that the word of the day happens to be the same as the story title shortly after the story release.  I don't know how I missed that the first time--never mind!

You got it ;)

Dave

• Peltast
    • I Can Bend Minds With My Spoon
Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 04:08:29 AM
My ex wife used to sleepwalk all over the house. She wrote on walls and mirrors, fixed herself drinks and bowls of cereal, and drew maps and pictures, all without waking up. It was, in turns, disconcerting and amusing.

It was never as awesome as this story.

Probably because I am not a dickhead sorcerer. Why are those guys always trying to trade other people's mortality for their own? That's just rude.

-Dave (aka Nev the Deranged)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 01:28:34 PM
My ex wife used to sleepwalk all over the house. She wrote on walls and mirrors, fixed herself drinks and bowls of cereal, and drew maps and pictures, all without waking up. It was, in turns, disconcerting and amusing.

Probably because I am not a dickhead sorcerer. Why are those guys always trying to trade other people's mortality for their own? That's just rude.

Did the maps lead anywhere cool?  I bet they were treasure maps.  Or maybe maps to Faerie, or to Hell.

Gamercow

• Hipparch
Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 07:40:37 PM
Sometimes, it is good to not wake up a sleepwalker.  Like my old roommate who started throwing punches when awakened suddenly or out of a sound sleep.  I eventually started using a poking stick to wake him up.

I liked this one, though I can't really say why.  It just worked in a very straightforward way for me.

The cow says "Mooooooooo"

Dave

• Peltast
    • I Can Bend Minds With My Spoon
Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 01:01:57 AM

Did the maps lead anywhere cool?  I bet they were treasure maps.  Or maybe maps to Faerie, or to Hell.

Actually, the one I remember best was a map leading to the cemetery plot she planned to be buried in. Take from that what you will. Another time she wrote a long poem on the several mirrored panels of her closet door. And then there was the time she did magic tricks, pulling gold coins and other small items out of the empty pockets of the jeans I was wearing as we lay in bed. Hell, even if she was faking being asleep, that's gotta be difficult to pull off with your eyes closed, right?

-Dave (aka Nev the Deranged)