Author Topic: Good news, everyone! Futurama is back! (spoilers a possibility)  (Read 3688 times)

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Here is a thread to discuss the return of Futurama.

Since not everyone may have seen it yet, here are some non-spoilery things I noticed last night:

1. In HD, the opening is exceptionally sharp and beautiful.
2. My DVR didn't pick up the second episode last night. Fortunately I was watching it live.
3. Maybe it's me, but are they drawing Leela curvier than they used to? I don't seem to remember her being that... um... bodacious.
4. I felt a little cheated by the explanation for the wormhole at the end of "Wild Green Yonder".
5. SPOILER: I really liked how, in the second episode, it was so casual how Leela and Fry are now a couple. There wasn't a big deal made about it; it was just a part of the show, like how Picard can play the flute. There was a whole episode about it (in this case, "Wild Green Yonder"), and after that, it was just an accepted part of the characters. Good job there.

So, what did you think?

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

Talia

• Muahahahaha
I thought it was pretty cute. Not up to the standards of some of the show's best episodes, but that's par for the course and I imagine more brilliance will emerge as time passes.

RE: Leela's curvaceousness - its cuz she skipped her exercise classes, remember :p

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
[ObNitpick] Picard playing a recorder-like instrument goes back to the episode "The Inner Light", and he actually recounted that story in brief when wossername asked him how he learned to play.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Yargling

• Peltast
I wonder when we in the UK will be let out of the Futurama ghetto and allowed to see the new episodes.

Faraway Ray

• Lochage
  • "I loved it!" "So? You also loved World War II!"
Hoping that they'll bring it to Hulu. I don't have cable.  :(

A story of lust, violence and jelly.

Well, Here I Am. My little slice of the blaggin' world.

Listener

• Hipparch
[ObNitpick] Picard playing a recorder-like instrument goes back to the episode "The Inner Light", and he actually recounted that story in brief when wossername asked him how he learned to play.

I was referring to how, in a few subsequent episodes, he plays it to relax and they don't have to explain the whole backstory. In "Lessons" it made sense for Picard to explain it to Darin, but in Futurama it would've been clunky for SPOILER Leela and Fry to kiss goodbye, and Zapp to demand some sort of explanation END SPOILER.

Gamercow

• Hipparch
I'm liking the new episodes, but I'm still waiting to see if they are going to go the Simpsons plot route, where what happens in one episode makes no change on future episodes. 

SPOILER

I thought they did the expansion death of the universe well last night. 

END SPOILER

The cow says "Mooooooooo"

Listener

• Hipparch
I'm glad they're extending it over two summers by splitting the season, although I'm hearing that these last 26 episodes are going to be the last episodes they make, because of ratings.

I was watching Psych last night, and missed Futurama. Fortunately, my DVR chose to record it this week. (Last week it decided the episode wasn't new, and didn't record it.)