Author Topic: Praise for narrator Ian Stuart  (Read 3199 times)

Deeger

• Extern
on: July 11, 2010, 05:31:41 PM
While my absolute favorite narrator on Pseudopod is host Alasdair Stuart, I would like to praise Ian Stuart in episode 171, "Napier's Bones."  It's delightful to listen to a narrator who understands how to use the microphone. When voicing a character, in this story, who wasn't near the protagonist, Ian would turn off-mic, creating beautiful spacial distance.  Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

DJ

Millenium_King

• Lochage
    • Ankor Sabat
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 05:14:26 PM
I missed this post, or I would have commented loooooong ago:  I LOVE Ian Stuart.  He was fantastic on "Napier's Bones" - but he was positively UNBELIEVABLE on "The Worm that Gnaws."  Both stories are in my Top 10, by the way.

Visit my blog atop the black ziggurat of Ankor Sabat, including my list of Top 10 Pseudopod episodes.

orrin

• Palmer
    • Who Killed Orrin Grey?
Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 05:24:41 PM
I just now noticed this post, also. I haven't listened to "Napier's Bones" yet, but Ian Stuart absolutely knocked the ball out of the park on his reading of "The Worm that Gnaws!" I couldn't possibly have asked for better.

Orrin Grey
orringrey.com

Robert Mammone

• Palmer
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 12:55:59 PM
While my absolute favorite narrator on Pseudopod is host Alasdair Stuart, I would like to praise Ian Stuart in episode 171, "Napier's Bones."  It's delightful to listen to a narrator who understands how to use the microphone. When voicing a character, in this story, who wasn't near the protagonist, Ian would turn off-mic, creating beautiful spacial distance.  Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

DJ

I have nothing but praise for Ian as he really, truly brought my story, The Copse (#165) to vivid life.  Made a good story (IMO) great!