Author Topic: Best Horror Movie Ever Poll - Playoff 7 of 8  (Read 3775 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
on: July 13, 2010, 12:18:45 PM
There are still a few hours left to vote in Playoff 6, but I am going to call it for Psycho

See, Norman Bates tried to get away from his trouble by leaving his hotel in California and movig to a quiet villa in Spain, not too far from the home of Captain Vidal.  All is going well until the Captain makes an insult about Norman's mother.  Then the blood bath begins.  (I know the timelines don't line up, but hey, I'm trying here).

This week we have haunted houses vs. deadly sins -- ghosts vs. serial killers.  Who will win?

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

eytanz

Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 12:23:05 PM
The Others is probably my favourite ghost movie ever. Se7en was certainly compelling, but ultimtely fell flat for me. I'm assuming I'm on the losing side here, but my vote goes to Kidman.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 12:34:01 PM
Torn. The Others was great, but Se7en IMHO was all around a better movie - much more depth of character, with a psychological edge that made it a lot more disturbing. I never really thought about it as horror though....

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 02:16:30 PM
I would say Se7en is as much horror as Psycho or Silence of the Lambs. There is no worse bogeymonster than man. It's far to graphic, raw, and gritty to be a thriller. The serial killer and his work is as much a star as, if not more than, the detectives.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”