Author Topic: PC161: The Giant Of Malheur Park  (Read 13412 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 12:59:34 PM
Whaaaa....??????

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't get this at all.  At the end I was feeling mighty stupid, and wondering if I'd just had a mini-stroke that was somehow impairing my ability to understand a narrative but not affecting my driving.

I was curious where it was all going, enough that I listened all the way through.  It seemed throughout like each POV was  thread that was being woven into a a tapestry that slowly takes form.  But at the end when the giant leaves I just seem to have a mound of yarn with no discernible shape (well, other than a mound-like shape).

But if I am to believe the story, I probably don't understand because I have boy parts.  I'm not throwing rocks, but I am scratching my head in the giant's general direction.

justenjoying

• Peltast
Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 06:16:59 AM
I loved the different veiw points along with the back story that brought them to the conclusions each character drew. I loved the intoxication and cheer to womens sexuality. The fantasy elements that are never explained at the end bug the shit out of me. They come out of nowhere and are layed on way too thick. And we spend so much time with the little girls and have them ripped away from us. It really ruined the whole thing for me.

Mex5150

• Extern
Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 10:17:29 PM

Hi All

I know this went out ages ago but I'm an Escape Pod listener catching up gradually on the other members of the family.

Frankly I HATED this, I think it was probably more the way it was read than the story itself though, although my dislike of onomatopoeia probably featured in my dislike too.

I was just left completely cold, nothing in the story interested me enough to care, either the people, or the events. I listened to the end, but was wanting to turn it off several times, If I had been sitting at the computer, rather than on the settee (and feeling lazy), I'm sure I would have changed it for something better/more interesting.

-Mex