Author Topic: Best Horror Movie Ever Poll - Playoff 8 of 8  (Read 4039 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
on: July 21, 2010, 02:00:43 PM
So Se7en beat out The Others 2 to 1 to go into the horror movie quarter-finals.  I got nothing as far as a clever narrative for that match-up.  I kind of figured that Se7en would win (deservedly so) but I am glad that The Others got some good representation.  For a while there, they were tied.

Now it comes down to the last of the playoff rounds.  M. Night Shyamalan's debut hit (or was Unbreakable first) vs. a classic from one of M's idols, Alfred Hitchcock.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 03:23:45 PM
Now it comes down to the last of the playoff rounds.  M. Night Shyamalan's debut hit (or was Unbreakable first) vs. a classic from one of M's idols, Alfred Hitchcock.

Unbreakable was second, followed by Signs. I'm going to have to ponder for a bit on this one. Birds is great Hitch, but far too many of the effects are painfully dated. But even thinking about remakes of Hitchcock makes my insides squirmy.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Swamp

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:19:07 PM
(No this is not an EP flash contest)

Reminder: Voting ends tomorrow morning.  It's a pretty close race.

Swamp

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 02:09:19 PM
All right, so we have a tie vote.  To settle this, I will remove my vote for The Birds, which make The Sixth Sense the winner of this poll.  I'm happy with this as well.

This was the last of the playoff rounds.  I am going to postpone the Quarter Final round until after the Escape Pod Flash Contest is over (mid-September sometime).  See you back here then.