Escape Artists
November 01, 2014, 07:27:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 300 Word Flash Fiction Contest!  (Read 31816 times)
PhiDry
Palmer

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »

This may have come up already elsewhere, but is there any plan to set up a board for revisions of stories no longer in the running? It seems like a lot of writers and readers have made strong connections here, and if the stories are to have any post-contest life, some kind of follow-up could benefit everyone—more feedback for writers, more fun for readers. And, ideally, NOT more work for Steve and crew.
slic
Hipparch

Stephen Lumini

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2007, 02:32:27 PM »

I've seen some postings by Steve and others - the key right now is to wait until the contest is over.  There is definite interest, and already some ideas of what it should entail
--went looking-- the latest info was at COMPLETED > SEMIFINAL 1 > The Fall of Humphrey the Wise by Marshal L. Latham
SFEley
Autarch

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2007, 02:42:29 PM »

This may have come up already elsewhere, but is there any plan to set up a board for revisions of stories no longer in the running?

Yeah, this has been talked about in the threads to some of the specific stories.  (I can't even remember which ones anymore.)

Short answer: there will be a "workshop" board to critique stories, for those who are interested continuing to do so.  The timeline and the ground rules are still in flux.

I do not see value in dedicating a board to revising and critting these flash stories from the contest, however.  If you want to keep revising and you can find people willing to keep reading it, you can do it in the thread for your story.  But my own feeling is that having the same crowd respond to the same story more than once yields diminishing (and often disappointing) returns.

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
Heradel
Bill Peters, EP Assistant
Hipparch

Part-Time Psychopomp.

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2007, 12:47:48 PM »

How are the flash pieces that get contracts going to come out? Should we be expecting a glut at the beginning of March or will they be spaced out over several months?

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.
SFEley
Autarch

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2007, 12:50:34 PM »

How are the flash pieces that get contracts going to come out? Should we be expecting a glut at the beginning of March or will they be spaced out over several months?

Probably the latter, because we have a lot of other flash stories in inventory too.  It's just been a matter of finding time to produce them.  (Ironically, enough of my time has been eaten by this contest that it's had an effect on getting flash out.  I really need to get better at delegating.)

Heradel
Bill Peters, EP Assistant
Hipparch

Part-Time Psychopomp.

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2007, 01:01:03 PM »

Were that there were clones or something.

How many flash pieces do you think you will be buying from the contest?

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.
SFEley
Autarch

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2007, 02:44:17 PM »

How many flash pieces do you think you will be buying from the contest?

This is the wrong time to ask.  Please.  Let's just get through this, okay?

bebo2012
Extern

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 09:45:43 AM »

is it possable to read some of these storys now or inly after the feb 1st deadline?Huh if so where?
Russell Nash
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2009, 09:56:40 AM »

is it possable to read some of these storys now or inly after the feb 1st deadline?Huh if so where?

The contest was two years ago.

All of the stories are available for registered users to read.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: