Author Topic: PC084: Restless In My Hand  (Read 22161 times)

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #50 on: March 21, 2010, 03:19:37 PM
I have been catching up on PodCastle, after giving it a second (ok maybe a third) chance.  This is one of the best stories I have heard in a long time.  Since I am still single, kids of my own are not an issue but I feel the same about some of my friends children.  I plan on passing this episode on to some of them. I have tried unsuccessfully to interest them in Escape Artists before, mostly because they have so many other podcasts already they listen to than because they don't like the stories, but this episode seems almost like a must listen to for any father (or parent really not meaning to sound sexist just the father in the story so analog irl).

Hinzelmann

• Extern
Reply #51 on: September 09, 2010, 10:01:33 PM
So, this is my post for I <3 Escape Artists month. Probably won't be the last I make here (nor is it the first), but this one is special.

I loved this story. As an acne-scarred teenager who is incredibly stubborn and quick to anger, it made me rethink my relationship with my parents personally. It's amazing what you can begin to take for granted. I was able to calm down a bit, work to get them to stop hyperventilating and eventually we all were able to compromise.

Of course, it's also amazing taken on it's own. The story of man who sacrifices everything for his kid, even things beyond this world. It's brilliant, and reminds me of why I love Tim Pratt's work. Voice acting for this piece (by Steve Anderson) is also good - not the best narration on Escape Artists, but certainly very, very good.