Author Topic: Fantasy Literature Poll - Elimination Group 1  (Read 3798 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: August 18, 2010, 06:57:23 PM
Here's where it gets rough, folks!  We have 24 wonderful fantasy worlds still in the poll, and they are going into just four elimination groups.  Only 8 will emerge for the 1 on 1 quarterfinals.  Tough choices await you over the next month.  I personally enjoy all of this month's entries, and really want to vote for four of them.  Getting it down to two isn't easy. 

So last weeks tie runoff wasn't very successful.  It just resulted in more ties.  Oh sure Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIHM came out the clear leader, but there were supposed to be three books advancing.  Second place came out a four way tie.  I decided to draw lots as opposed to running yet another poll with mostly the same books.  So, we had:

Dark Tower
Dragonlance
The City & the City
Thomas Covenant

All tied at five votes.  And randomly selected for a spot in the elimination round (where I'm sure they'll get eliminated) were Dark Tower and The City & the City.  The other two deserve it just as much, but those are the breaks.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 07:05:44 PM
Ack. Incredibly tough choice! I wish I had one more vote.

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 03:01:32 AM
I would have voted for almost the entire list if I could have.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 07:12:11 AM
I wonder how many tie runoffs are going to result from these four elimination groups?