Author Topic: Exclusive Stories for Forumites (or "The I <3 Escape Artists Thread!")  (Read 108671 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Not too late - I extended the deadline until Oct. 8. Hrm...now can't remember if I updated the original post, though. Gonna go check...

I thought it said Oct 10 in the last Podcastle episode (I could be wrong)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Hi  I have never posted before pls excuse my lack of skill.
The offer to have 14 exclusive stories is to much temptation for me not to try.
Pls advise me if this post about the best stories and the best hosts is enough.
You guys rock/ and cast the spell of imagination. May the muses always smile upon your team
I listen to the echo's of your song.
Echosong/ singer

Welcome!  To get in on the promotion, I think you need to leave one more comment--a comment in one of the story threads.  It doesn't have to be profound or anything, just say what you thought of any story you've heard on the podcasts.

ts52

• Extern
Dave,

I think this is an awesome idea, and it worked to get me onto the forums. What an excellent place you have here.

-Tim

nzelnick

• Extern
I would surely love to receive some excellent and exclusive stories....so much so that I actually commented after years and years of being a loyal listener.

And now...back to the shadows again!

Nate Zelnick

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Not too late - I extended the deadline until Oct. 8. Hrm...now can't remember if I updated the original post, though. Gonna go check...

I thought it said Oct 10 in the last Podcastle episode (I could be wrong)

When you question my authority, YOU ARE ALWAYS WRONG!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Ahem. I'll, um, have to go back and check tonight. Maybe I did say the 10th?  ???

Dave,

I think this is an awesome idea, and it worked to get me onto the forums. What an excellent place you have here.

-Tim

Hey, thanks for saying so, Tim. Hope you really enjoy the forum and the extra stories!

friendlybohemian

• Palmer
  • I AM NOT PROVIDENCE-H P. Lovecraft
    • The Official Myspace
Free Stuff? I'm there. I already hate waiting for new episodes of the three podcasts each week, so extra stories would be awesome.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Bohemian

Raj

• Palmer
    • Lord of the Moon
* Raj peers over lurking wall and blinks.

Please sir, can I have some more (stories)?

http://lordofthemoon.com ; (Former) Editor of TBD magazine: http://tbd.org.uk

girlwithsixarms

• Extern
Yay! Stories, please!

Rain

• Matross
Cant say no to free stories :)

garlic

• Extern
I'm in for extra free stories! woot!

lyndystitches

• Extern
Well I will admit this incentive was effective in getting me to visit the forums.  I have been listening for a number of years, but have never posted, but here I am, hungry for more stories, and making comments on some I have already heard.

Good job getting the shy girl out of her shell.

Rughat

• Extern
Well I will admit this incentive was effective in getting me to visit the forums.  I have been listening for a number of years, but have never posted, but here I am, hungry for more stories, and making comments on some I have already heard.

Me too!  Sigh.  I'm afraid I'm not going to be regular - work and such like keeps me busy - but I love stories.  Of course - we're all here for that.

Thanks for the stories - I appreciate the work Escape Artists does, and I'm happy to support you in that (financially and otherwise.)

naum nurgle

• Extern
Yes please, please please

I joined the forum in 2008 and only posted now, but think I have been listening since  around 07
so long time lurking  ;)

"Eu acreditaria somente num Deus que soubesse dançar."
(I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance.)  Nietzsche

Kurtzweif

• Extern
Please add me. I love the podcast - it makes me think!  8)

jerith

• Extern
After struggling to register because someone had already stolen my username, I discovered that the knave in question was a younger me. I really must visit more often.

Edit: Actually, I have just registered this account. I probably hit submit on that twice or something. Glad to know that my youth wasn't so misspent as to steal my own forum accounts...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:29:24 PM by jerith »

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Hey all, just a little note to say I'm totally overwhelmed (in a good way) with people's responses to this. Thanks so much!

Also - remember, if you've only commented here, please do comment on a story thread elsewhere.

Thanks again, and really looking forward to sharing all these stories with you all!

-Dave

pvillegeek

• Extern
I can haz stories?

Also, this exact same thing happened to me: (pretty sure i didn't hit submit twice or anything like that)
After struggling to register because someone had already stolen my username, I discovered that the knave in question was a younger me. I really must visit more often.

Edit: Actually, I have just registered this account. I probably hit submit on that twice or something. Glad to know that my youth wasn't so misspent as to steal my own forum accounts...

rjfromva

• Extern
More stories please, Sir.

Whaaat?!?!?

You can't have more stories unless you've listened to your backlog.

But please, Sir, I am sure these stories shall be quite wonderful and I promise I will listen to my backlog and comment on each and every one of them!

PS Thanks, Dave!

rjfromva

• Extern

Whaaat?!?!?

You can't have more stories unless you've listened to your backlog.

But please, Sir, I am sure these stories shall be quite wonderful and I promise I will listen to my backlog and comment on each and every one of them!

PS Thanks, Dave!

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
I can haz stories?

Also, this exact same thing happened to me: (pretty sure i didn't hit submit twice or anything like that)

Hm, that might be related to the messages I get on and off that tell me that I already wrote a particular post--they're harmless but annoying.  Maybe this echo is another symptom?

Sholdyn

• Extern
When I heard the list of people contributing I HAD to get in on it! Especially the Escape Artist staff! I can't wait to hear to hear what's in your heads.

Thank you all for doing this, and for extending it to this week!

s1nglecut

• Extern
I admit it, I posted purely for the stories...but hey I want my fix just like everyone else!  Thanks Dave

astyanax

• Extern
I just realized today that I never put up my post in this thread to get in on the bonus stuff. I had been meaning to get into these forums for ages now but it took a good kick in the ass from Dave to get me here. So thanks for kicking me with extra content!

I would love to get these stories, what a great promotional idea.  Thank you!

PieceOrutt

• Extern
I love this idea, Now that saving for the wedding is done I can look at getting a decent Mic and hopefully record some stuff you guys ;)
Keep up the good work and here's to many more storys