Author Topic: The next WoT book!  (Read 4740 times)

Talia

• Muahahahaha
on: August 28, 2010, 10:01:29 PM
The cover has just been revealed!

:p

internalogic

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 11:17:44 AM
hahaha!

Just seeing this.

That is a pretty great picture, all jokes aside.

Is it from a past book or an upcoming one?

internalogic

• Palmer
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 11:23:25 AM
I'm waiting until next year when the final volume is published to begin reading the latest WoT books by Sanderson.

I figure I've waited this long already so I might as well push it. 

I love the audiobook versions by Michael Kramer and Kate Reading.  Alot!

I think that starting next year some time, maybe spring.  I'll start going through the audiobooks starting with The Eye of The World.  I wonder how long that will take me?  Listening to 14 fairly large audiobooks.  Ideally, I'll finish it right around the time that the last book becomes available.  (hmm...this might require some actual thought.)

Sounds like fun!

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 11:50:42 AM
All WoT by audiobook?? That's ambitious - good luck. I wonder if it will make the lengthy politicking parts somehow even MORE boring :p

RE: the illustration - No idea where it came from, sorry.

internalogic

• Palmer
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 12:50:53 AM
Well, it's how I 'read' the WoT the first time.  I'm trying to remember.  I think I might not have actually read the physical book for any of them.  I had ALOT of driving to do.  Maybe one, maybe Knife of Dreams or something.

Maplesugar

• Palmer
Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 04:59:27 AM
I read the series up until book 8.  I'm not sure why I stopped- perhaps I got confused due to the incredible number of characters...

Should I start over? Is the series worth the effort?

P.S. Did anyone ever experience the covers falling off their paperback copies after a couple readings?

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 06:45:00 AM
Maple: Yes, I'd say its worth it, even slogging through the boring political parts. Because when the books get great.. they get GREAT!!! Epic-level great.  I'd consider starting over just to re-familiarize yourself with the characters.

And yeah, the crappiness of the covers is by now legend. :P

Maplesugar

• Palmer
Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 08:36:07 PM
Thanks, Talia! I will make a foray into the series after final exams in December :)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 09:52:24 PM
Thanks, Talia! I will make a foray into the series after final exams in December :)

Overall I've liked them, though I haven't re-read most of them since I started writing (and got really damned picky).

Crossroads of Twilight (book 10, I think) was really badly executed, in several ways, all of which I piss and moan about at the other end of this link (There are MAJOR SPOILERS if you haven't read that far:
http://www.diabolicalplots.com/?p=1081

Crossroads of Twilight I disliked even back when I hadn't started writing.  I'm in the process of re-reading the rest, so far I'm still able to enjoy them (and thank God, because I would find it really sad if I stopped liking my favorite series).