Author Topic: Best Horror Movie Ever Poll - Quaterfinal 1 of 4  (Read 4248 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
on: August 30, 2010, 05:09:11 PM
Ok, I think it's time to start this up again and put a nail in this coffin, so to speak.  And we start the quarterfinal round off with some heavy hitters.

(I feel like I need to add a quote here or something.  Must resist.)

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:10:14 PM
Why resist?  Quotes are fun.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 08:38:34 PM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's, Swampy!

tpi

• Peltast
Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:32:23 AM
Extremely easy choice.
One is probably the most overrated movie of all time (and boring and ridiculous as hell), another is a really good one. 

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 01:21:16 PM
I think they both have their warts and flaws, but both have reasons for praise. Both films move very slowly and focus on building tension. If you're rewatching, you can safely skip the first 30-60 minutes of both to get to the more compelling material. Long dry scenes of a kid on a big wheel? Fast forward. Running through a snowy hedge maze for what seems like an eternity? Fast forward.

I think Linda Blair is a better and more believable child actor. Sure The Exorcist doesn't have Jack Nicholson, but the cast as a whole is more compelling. And ultimately, I think it's the cast that will help the film age better than the effects.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 01:42:58 PM
I figured I would provide a quote from the movie that wins the poll.  So here you go:

"Wendy?  Darling?  Light, of my life.  I'm not gonna hurt ya.  You didn't let me finish my sentence.  I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya.  I'm just going to bash your brains in." - Jack Torrance, The Shining

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast