Author Topic: Fantasy Literature Poll - Elimination Group 3  (Read 3320 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: September 01, 2010, 10:34:26 PM
Noticed anything missing from these elimination rounds?  Neil Gaiman stories, you say?  Well, here they are.  Due to an odd quirk, they're all in these last two groups.  Gaiman wrote (or co-wrote) six entries - I tried to cut it down, but most his work is in distinctly different worlds, and that was the criteria for an author having multiple works.  And several had two, but six?  Well, since there were twelve groups, I just spaced them out evenly one in every other group.  Now these elimination groups - they take a first place from group A, second from group B, first from C, and so on.  Problem is, Neil's worlds came in first place in every single group they were in.  So they all clumped up.  Though we do have other works in the poll this week, and fantastic ones at that.  Rats and Mouse Daemons and Mousers, oh my!

Last week Lord of the Rings came through on top again, which probably doesn't surprise many.  I wasn't sure it would though, with that kind of competition.  I was surprised that Harry Potter managed to come in second over both Narnia and Homer.  He is really popular, but we'll see how the Boy who Wouldn't Die does against the Dread Pirate Roberts in the quarterfinals.

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 03:10:54 AM
Gaiman gets three? Sheesh. You can't get away from the guy!

(I know it's just an artifact of the voting, I'm not complaining)