Author Topic: Help finding a story  (Read 3133 times)

SisterLilBunny

• Extern
on: October 08, 2010, 01:09:47 AM
Ok if this is the wrong place I seriously apologize. 

Background:  I heart you guys in a serious way and I try to pimp you the best I can.  Between the three pods, it's been one hell of an exposure to some awesome stories/ideas.  I'm also part of the Zombie Research Society here in my local.  So I also got asked to help out with the podcast.  Heh I kindof have been, well, accidentally promoting the female aspect of zombie survival so my segment is now Chick's Rules.  Whoops?  Or not, we'll see how it fleshes out.  End background but I can give more details if you all require. 

I'd like to start my first segment reviewing the story that involved a story where women have become the dominant force in society due to majority of males dying due to a zombie invasion.  The women are the "dominant" force in terms of normal society and the killing force.  Males are now in the position of "hot commodity" if you will.  If I remember right, it was a part of a series and a woman wrote it.  I tried looking through the archives but what it's not what I thought it was called.  And the other keywords aren't working for me.  My google fu is weak. 

This story really grabbed me because a lot of the stories I read don't have women in that high of a force.  I'd love to do a review of the story, the author (background stuff and pimping of any current projects), and of course which ever Pod put this out.  LOL hell who ever helps me I'll gladly give you pimp time too if you have your own site, stories, what ever. 

Again if you have any question of my intentions I'll gladly answer any questions.  I follow a lot of you on twitter if you need to verify who I am (same name). 

Peace and thanks!!!

Bunny

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 01:28:54 AM
That story description isn't ringing a bell for me.  Are you sure it was an EA story?

(Mostly it just reminds me of "Y: The Last Man")

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 01:30:56 AM
I'm certain that story has not been on any of the Escape Artists 'casts.  I've listened to all the episodes in the last year or so. 

Maybe another fiction podcast?

SisterLilBunny

• Extern
Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 01:41:07 AM
It's a possibility.  I swear it was from here due to the links and what not (one of those click on the author to link to their site to read the rest of their stuff/learn about them).  I'll have to look at my podcast subscriptions at work tomorrow.  I swore for the longest time it was Love in the Age of Zombies but that isn't even close. 

LOL it is honestly going to break my heart if it's not from here.  I'm not even kidding on this. 

...Though it gets me thinking.  I'd still love to promote this site.  Any good strong female character stories with zombies involved that you guys think would make a good "feminist" review? 

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 02:10:10 AM
Well, there's "My Friend is a Lesbian Zombie" and "Everything is Better with Zombies," which are both pretty good albeit non-apocalyptic stories.  Not precisely feminist per se, but they have female main characters and focus less on the Manly Machismo Survivalist Leader angle of zombies.

(Srsly, also read "Y: The Last Man" if that premise interests you.  Darned good graphic novel series.)

SisterLilBunny

• Extern
Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 02:12:25 AM
Awesome, thank you Scattercat!  I was thinking about "My Friend is a Lesbian Zombie" but didn't know if that was too in your face for people.  I'm googling "Y: The Last Man" now.  Thank you so much! 

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 02:52:27 AM
It doesn't have zombies, but it does involve the aftermath of the sudden death of every male in the world (except for the titular character, Yorick, and his pet monkey, Ampersand.)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 03:37:31 PM
Just jumping in to agree with Scattercat: Y the Last Man is awesome.  ;D

Chuk

• Lochage
Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 07:20:16 PM
Third or fourth-ing the recommendations for Y: the Last Man (Also, the artist is a friend of a friend.)

--
chuk

SisterLilBunny

• Extern
Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 10:37:28 PM
I just read through the synopsis and yeah, I'm going to have to get it now.  You guys are the best when it comes to cool stuff. 

I still have no idea about the story that I was looking for.  *sigh* It's going to bug me but at least I have others to use eh?