Author Topic: Cool new webseries - Status Kill  (Read 2816 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: September 23, 2010, 03:22:11 AM
http://www.statuskill.com/

So there's an awesome new webseries on the block, and if you haven't yet seen it, I highly suggest you check it out.  Ever procrastinate on Facebook, Twitter, etc.?  This series takes that to an extreme, and it is awesome.  Who's the LAST guy who should be social networking on the job?  How about an assassin?

From the site: "Status Kill is slated to be an ongoing series that will chat about all the things that we should be conscious of such as:  contextual advertising, privacy, the meaning of online relationships in our REAL lives,  The cost of constant intermittent communication which never actually tells us anything, sharing a profile with a grandparent, niece, and hot chick/dude you are trying to hook up with.  Etc. Etc Etc.  It’s all VERY confusing and Denton, the extreme version of us real world addicts,  will  stumble through it all while on the world’s most dangerous missions."

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:04:45 AM
these no-budget shootouts are really beginning to hit their stride.

watching freddiew develop his videos has been great fun.  he's a typical tech geek with a lot of skill & time and he's made a name for himself purely through youtube.  a few of my favourites: light warfare, aimbot, frozen crossing one & two.

recently he's caught hollywood's eye and named actors actually approach him to appear in his videos, for free (they generally take one afternoon of shooting and sound like a lot of fun).  inside of a couple months he's gone from typical internet geek to dressing starlets in leather and giving the, 'yeah, maybe we can use you again' line.

if the technical side interests you: muzzle flare tutorial

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 07:26:58 AM
Apparently freddiew has money, actually :P  At least that's what I've heard.  Either way, his videos are awesome, and very fun/hilarious to watch.  I especially love the skydiving one.  :D

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 08:05:21 AM
he makes enough off youtube ads to pay for shared accommodation & feed himself.  living in hollywood, he's able to get a good deal on surplus props through connections.

if you look through his how-to channel (the tutorial link) he shows just how cheap his setup is.  the sound editing system has grown from a pair of twenty dollar headphones.

mkp

• Extern
Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 05:57:26 AM
Jesse nailed it this time. All the three parts were hilarious. I absolutely loved it and I “liked” it in face book. Status kill deals with the most relevant issue we are now facing. I am addicted to social networking sites like all my other “online” friends. And I am heavily addicted to changing status messages, liking and commenting status messages. I don’t think anybody now cares a tiny rat’s tail about privacy or security. Privacy is the cost we pay for the attention we get online.