Escape Artists
July 24, 2014, 08:00:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PC125: The Whistling Room  (Read 5540 times)
LaShawn
Editor

Writer Mommies Rule!

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »

Slowly catching up on my podcasts...and it's Halloween for Christmas! While I liked the language of this one, so old-timey, the story itself was so-so. Didn't stick with me.

--
Visit LaShawn at The Cafe in the Woods:
http://tbonecafe.wordpress.com
Another writer's antiblog: In Touch With Yours Truly
justenjoying
Peltast

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2012, 01:10:08 AM »

I really love this series from Hogeson. I've read this and the talisman. They are very similar storys, set up very much the same way, but both very enjoyable. I can really see the infuence on love craft in this story. The explination at the end is creepy and very true. The more something is thought about the more strength it gets and the bigger it becomes. I now need to go out and read the rest of the series.
Sgarre1
Editor

"Let There Be Fright!"

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »

For those interested in more Hodgson, check out this guy's blog with occasional podcasts of readings (he's also updating and expanding all the Hodgson entries on Wikipedia)

http://hodgecast.blogspot.com/

There's some interesting and fun stuff to be gleaned therein.  Aside from his own readings of "A Voice in the Night" (compare/contrast), he's also done readings of the pirate romance/mystery story "Captain Dan Danblasten" and the entirety of Hodson's Sargasso Sea lost continent novel THE BOATS OF GLEN CARRIG from 1907 (which I'm currently listening to).
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: