Author Topic: A question about donation distribution  (Read 4657 times)

ALH

• Extern
on: October 08, 2010, 03:49:16 PM
I am a frequent listener to all three podcasts from Escape Artists and have donated in the past. If I donate to one podcast, is the donation distributed to all three, or would it be better if I went to each podcast and donate separately?

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 04:19:20 PM
I am a frequent listener to all three podcasts from Escape Artists and have donated in the past. If I donate to one podcast, is the donation distributed to all three, or would it be better if I went to each podcast and donate separately?

A fine question, one that I asked myself a while back.  I have included it in the de facto FAQ

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 07:41:58 PM
Specifically this post. :)

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 11:40:28 PM
And I actually checked with our accounts person today after I saw your post and he confirmed that the answer in the FAQ is still true, and donations are shared communally. This may change in the future, but especially with the recession impacting donations over the last two years it's been better for all three 'casts to have a larger shared pot.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

icegirl

• Palmer
Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 09:55:30 PM
Glad to hear that - I donate on a monthly plan and wasn't sure how the money part worked.

try harder

• Extern
Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 11:02:55 PM
Thanks so much for this. I was wondering the same thing--thanks for pointing to the answer. Now I will give!