Author Topic: The Way of Kings, by Brandon Sanderson  (Read 5861 times)

internalogic

• Palmer
on: October 16, 2010, 11:18:31 AM
Finished this last week and liked it alot.

Recommend it.

wingodzilla

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 05:17:48 AM
I bought it because I loved what he has done with The Wheel of Time. When I am done with "Game of Thrones" I will read it next.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them. ~ Aristotle (384 - 322 B.C)

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 05:31:06 AM
Actually  just starting to read it now. Was hooked after reading the first page or two -  I consider that an EXCELLENT sign. Particularly since I've loved everything else Sanderson has written. :)

childoftyranny

• Matross
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 10:03:46 AM
I really enjoyed this book, though I won't lie part of the really comes from the fact that Kate Reading and Michael Kramer are two of my favorite narrators and totally bring what they read to life.

Sanderson is a wonderful world builder and has a great talent in magic systems. Although I've noticed that they tend to a bit similar in construction, as reading this followed by the Mistborn saga one catches onto certain speech mannerisms and designs in the magic that you can spot they don't detract from the novels but they are of note.

internalogic

• Palmer
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 08:54:12 AM
I really love readings by Kate Reading and Michael Kramer as well.  I came late to WoT, 2004 or so.  So, I listened to pretty much the entire series as read by them. 

Speaking of audibook narrator fandom (fanity?), I was quite disappointed that the latest installment of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files was not to be read  by James Marsters.  As a result, this time around I'm reading it rather than listening to the audiobook. 

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 03:23:54 AM
I loved this book deeply. Hugely. Almost as hugely as the book itself :-/.

But seriously, folks - this book is really quite awesome. I loved... I have to go to dinner now. I'll post later with what I loved about it. Suffice it to say that the answer is basically "everything."

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.