Author Topic: Film Poll XX: The Chapter After the Final Chapter  (Read 5670 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: February 20, 2008, 11:12:12 PM
You didn't actually fall for that "final chapter" stuff, did you?

Last week's defending champion, Aliens, came in... well... last place.  Now LotR:FotR goes up against four films that are each classics of their genre. There's some good stuff up there.

And remember that the links in the poll go to Amazon.com, and if you use the links to buy something, Escape Artists gets a bit of a kickback.  I hope someone is using that from time to time, because Nash is making me generate the codes by myself these days, and I'd like to think the work is good for something.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:14:39 PM by Ocicat »

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 11:42:02 PM
Good GOD those hobbits are tough.

Blues Brothers for me.

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 01:28:26 AM
Illinois Nazis.  I hate Illinois Nazis.

We got both kinds of music here, country and western. 

Blues Brothers for me man!   

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 04:08:56 AM
Somebody hates these cans!

Oh, wrong movie... but I  thought SURELY I would be the 1-vote minority; after eliminating Das Boot, which I haven't seen, and Clockwork Orange, which I haven't seen (and I explained why when discussing Kubrick in that other film poll thread) and telling GWTW I frankly don't give a damn... I couldn't believe I was being asked to choose between LOTR and BB.

But damned if Jake and Elwood didn't beat out Frodo and Samwise!  (Now bend over, let me see you shake your tailfeather!)

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

gelee

• Lochage
  • It's a missile, boy.
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 12:58:24 PM
LOTR, finally.  I really hated BB.

DDog

• Matross
    • Twitter
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 09:24:01 PM
It's a puzzle for me this week. I've seen 3/5, but Das Boot didn't make much of an impression on me; I probably saw it too young. Blues Brothers was pretty excellent, but Hobbits are making a strong showing. I'll have to come back to this one.

Ask a Tranny Podcast
"Watching someone bootstrap themselves into sentience is the most science fiction thing you can do." -wintermute

Russell Nash

Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 09:41:08 PM
"It's 167 miles to Chicago.  We've got a full take of gas, half a pack of cigarettes.  It's dark out and we're wearing sunglasses."

"Hit it."

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 09:55:25 PM
I went for Clockwork Orange, but then I love me some Kubrick.  I think CO is my second favorite of his films after 2001, but Dr. Strangelove is right up there too.  Heck, I even like Barry Lyndon which I'm not sure anybody but me has seen...

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 05:53:48 AM
I went for Clockwork Orange, but then I love me some Kubrick.  I think CO is my second favorite of his films after 2001, but Dr. Strangelove is right up there too.  Heck, I even like Barry Lyndon which I'm not sure anybody but me has seen...
I've seen it.  The climactic pistol duel is awesome, but IMO hardly worth sitting through the rest of the film to get to.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising