Author Topic: Letter  (Read 5797 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: October 27, 2010, 12:10:58 AM
Letter

By Tim Pratt
Read by Dave Thompson

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:59:47 AM
I'm trying to think of a way to say that I liked this because it reminded me of something I'd write without saying that I liked it because it reminded me of something I'd write because that's kind of egocentric.  I get that feeling a lot when reading Tim Pratt, though.

It would totally have been right at home on Mirrorshards, is all I'm saying.

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 03:47:57 AM
This was fluffy and disturbing at the same time. Wonderful!!

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 01:48:10 PM
This was fun, and I liked it.  Which will come as a shock to everyone, I'm sure, since Pratt's my favorite short story writer. 

The absurd occurrences reminded me a bit of "Fourteen Experiments in Postal Delivery".  In a good way.  Especially the finding of an island under there (in 14 Experiments, someone mailed the country of Spain if I remember correctly).

Boggled Coriander

• Lochage
    • Balancing Frogs
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 11:39:20 PM
I'm trying to think of a way to say that I liked this because it reminded me of something I'd write without saying that I liked it because it reminded me of something I'd write because that's kind of egocentric.  I get that feeling a lot when reading Tim Pratt, though.

It would totally have been right at home on Mirrorshards, is all I'm saying.

I bet you'll be pleased to hear the story made me think of "Fetch", mostly thanks to its tone.

I get the feeling "Letter" would have done very, very well if it had been submitted to the PodCastle flash contest.  Woulda been a Final Round contender, at the very least.

"The meteor formed a crater, vampires crawling out of the crater." -  The Lyttle Lytton contest