Author Topic: AMC's The Walking Dead  (Read 33637 times)

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 01:51:49 AM
total respect for breaking bad, they've turned Walter into a villain without anybody noticing.

i'm not watching this season of walking dead unless someone give me a reason to forget how badly the last one ended.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:37:00 AM by deflective »

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #51 on: October 19, 2011, 02:47:57 PM
i'm not watching this season of *walking dead* unless someone give me a reason to forget how badly the last one ended.

Um... zombies?

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 01:09:58 AM
that isn't even a good enough reason watch the view.
but seriously, watching an interesting premise get mauled by bad writing is more painful than typical tv dreck.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:34:38 AM by deflective »

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 04:52:46 AM
but seriously, watching an interesting premise get mauled by bad writing is more painful than typical tv dreck, and i don't watch that stuff.

Haha, I guess you and I differ, but I'd TOTALLY watch The View if there were zombies.  In fact that's probably the only way you'd get me to watch The View.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 11:12:07 AM
but seriously, watching an interesting premise get mauled by bad writing is more painful than typical tv dreck, and i don't watch that stuff.

Haha, I guess you and I differ, but I'd TOTALLY watch The View if there were zombies.  In fact that's probably the only way you'd get me to watch The View.

Agreed! That would make it awesome. Particularly if each episode ended with one of the hosts getting eaten.

I guess that would make it a pretty short show, but still.

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 02:20:00 AM
I'd TOTALLY watch The View if there were zombies.

what do you mean, if?  have you heard the moaning that goes on there?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:33:55 AM by deflective »

Veronica2007

• Extern
Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011, 10:41:15 AM
I watched the first episode and wasn't amazed. TV series about zombies is a lame idea.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #57 on: October 24, 2011, 11:34:00 AM
TV series about zombies is a lame idea.

I totally disagree. :P I LOVE the concept of a TV show about zombies. Why's it lame? Unless you just think zombies are lame in general, in which case to each their own I guess.

goatkeeper

Reply #58 on: October 25, 2011, 04:49:12 AM
I watched the first episode and wasn't amazed. TV series about zombies is a lame idea.

No, it's an awesome idea!!  It's just sad how they are farting all over it.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #59 on: October 25, 2011, 04:36:19 PM
Wow. You guys are not inspiring me to click on my DVR and check out season 2. (Still disappointed about the latter half of season 1.)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #60 on: October 25, 2011, 07:25:05 PM
Annnnnnnnd not that it matters, because apparently it's just been renewed for Season 3.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #61 on: October 26, 2011, 02:38:10 AM
Well, I personally am enjoying it so far. Hehe.

I missed it entirely when the first season airs, I ended up watching the entire marathon when season 2 premiered. It was a novel way to watch a show, sitting there for like 6 hours. I wouldn't do it again though, that's way too long to sit there watching TV. :P
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:39:50 AM by Talia »

goatkeeper

Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 05:02:53 AM
It started getting good again!

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #63 on: January 03, 2012, 07:45:11 PM
I'm caught up to current, and I'm pretty pleased with the first half of this second season. The zombie apocalypse is a great backdrop for effective development of tension.

Daryl Dixon is my favorite character. I've met a lot of folks just like that character. The actor owns that role. Outside of Daryl, we're getting some nice intense character development from several others.

I think they did a better mix of zombie to drama ratio this season, although you can see some of the impacts from more episodes on a smaller budget than they got for six last year. In general, there were fewer locations and more static talking scenes. A specific example would be there being too much air time spent looking for Sophia. My wife was relieved that it was over rather than horrified at the outcome when we watched the final episode.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #64 on: January 03, 2012, 07:55:50 PM
Daryl is far and away the best character IMHO. Just so much more interesting and complex than the rest of em (though I guess Shane in his relative evilness is kind of interesting too).

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #65 on: January 05, 2012, 03:36:05 PM
Daryl is far and away the best character IMHO. Just so much more interesting and complex than the rest of em (though I guess Shane in his relative evilness is kind of interesting too).

Yeah, Daryl's the one guy I'd like to have by my side if I were in that situation. Just so long as his brother stays missing.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising