Escape Artists
July 25, 2014, 08:40:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMC's The Walking Dead  (Read 11929 times)
DKT
Friendly Neighborhood
Editor

PodCastle is my Co-Pilot

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2011, 02:25:05 PM »

Annnnnnnnd not that it matters, because apparently it's just been renewed for Season 3.

Talia

I like pie

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »

Well, I personally am enjoying it so far. Hehe.

I missed it entirely when the first season airs, I ended up watching the entire marathon when season 2 premiered. It was a novel way to watch a show, sitting there for like 6 hours. I wouldn't do it again though, that's way too long to sit there watching TV. Tongue
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:39:50 PM by Talia » Logged
goatkeeper
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 12:02:53 AM »

It started getting good again!
Fenrix
Curmudgeon
EA Staff

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2012, 02:45:11 PM »

I'm caught up to current, and I'm pretty pleased with the first half of this second season. The zombie apocalypse is a great backdrop for effective development of tension.

Daryl Dixon is my favorite character. I've met a lot of folks just like that character. The actor owns that role. Outside of Daryl, we're getting some nice intense character development from several others.

I think they did a better mix of zombie to drama ratio this season, although you can see some of the impacts from more episodes on a smaller budget than they got for six last year. In general, there were fewer locations and more static talking scenes. A specific example would be there being too much air time spent looking for Sophia. My wife was relieved that it was over rather than horrified at the outcome when we watched the final episode.

I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Talia

I like pie

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2012, 02:55:50 PM »

Daryl is far and away the best character IMHO. Just so much more interesting and complex than the rest of em (though I guess Shane in his relative evilness is kind of interesting too).

stePH
Actually has enough cowbell.
Hipparch

Cool story, bro!

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2012, 10:36:05 AM »

Daryl is far and away the best character IMHO. Just so much more interesting and complex than the rest of em (though I guess Shane in his relative evilness is kind of interesting too).

Yeah, Daryl's the one guy I'd like to have by my side if I were in that situation. Just so long as his brother stays missing.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: