Author Topic: the Pseudopod rating system  (Read 3225 times)

Ben Phillips

• Lich King
  • Matross
    • Pseudopod
on: November 16, 2010, 03:26:34 AM
I know a lot of parents out there really appreciate the EP and PC rating systems.  But I have to say, I love running the one EA podcast without one.  While the other podcasts have to rigorously consider a host of moral and ethical quandaries, painstakingly drawing conclusions that every parent may or may not agree with, all I ever do is turn off the iTunes "Explicit" tag once in a while if a story really seems not to warrant it, and even then I usually go ahead and leave it on most of the time for other reasons.  But for the most part, I have a really simple system I stick to.  See:

A story manages to pass the rigorous Pseudopod explicit-content test.  (warning: link displays profanity)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 03:36:17 AM
And it's true!  It's pretty hard to find shit at Pseudopod.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 03:50:39 PM
You're just not looking hard enough. Thumbs up on the lack of a rating system. This is horror. I'm not coming here looking for Goosebumps.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 01:39:57 AM
Agreed, rating not necessary. You make it clear on the PP site this ain't for kids.