Author Topic: Cowboys and Aliens  (Read 2438 times)

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
on: November 19, 2010, 06:49:08 AM
I had never heard of the graphic novel, so when a colleague asked me if i'd seen the trailer, i immediately thought it was something in the vein of Robots vs. Aliens. Then i watched the trailer, and i couldn't have been more wrong, and in a good way, i hope! So, obviously this is a weird western, and it looks like it might be a good one. I'm hopeful with Jon Favreau at the helm. Anyway know anything more about this? Familiar with the graphic novel?

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 06:55:54 AM
I haven't read it, but I know people in Hollywood have been trying to adapt it for like 15 years now, and there' s been a long line of directors who have been attached to it but eventually moved on.

I hope Favreau and company pull it off. I mean, James Bond and Indiana Jones and aliens? It's definitely a move I'll be checking out next year.  ;D

(I gotta say - speaking of trailers, Battle: Los Angeles looks surprisingly awesome, too.)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:11:30 AM
!!! That looked so cool!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 07:22:57 AM
I haven't read it, but I know people in Hollywood have been trying to adapt it for like 15 years now, and there' s been a long line of directors who have been attached to it but eventually moved on.
I read somewhere that studios were trying to secure rights to it before it was even out of draft stage by the author… that's the author of the graphic novel, not the author of the screenplay!

(I gotta say - speaking of trailers, Battle: Los Angeles looks surprisingly awesome, too.)
Wow. That was one extremely well done trailer/teaser!