Author Topic: PodCastle and the Rockin' 2010  (Read 3751 times)

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
on: January 04, 2011, 04:50:11 AM
So PodCastle, you've had a full year under "new" management! How do you feel? I really think you've developed and come into your own this year. To me, the 'cast feels a lot more established and sure-footed. You've consistently come up with great stories and narrators and the tone of the whole is relaxed and confident. Gratz to the whole PC crew on a quality product!

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 04:57:59 AM
If the Podcastle is rockin', don't come... round... won't get fooled again.

I, uh, I don't even know.

*wanders off*

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 07:19:51 PM
Thanks, kibitzer!!!!

We are having loads of fun piloting the PodCastle, so it's good to hear some of you are, too  ;D

I'm really, really excited about some of the things we've got up our sleeves for the coming year.

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:06:24 PM
I'm really, really excited about some of the things we've got up our sleeves for the coming year.

Elbows?

eytanz

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 11:44:18 PM
Let me echo Kibitzer's words; I have found Podcastle to be excellent since day 1 of Rachel's editorship, and it was wonderful to see it not only stay on course but keep growing and improving under Anna and Dave's stewardship. Well done!

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 01:47:12 AM
This was the first year that I enjoyed PodCastle the most of the three 'casts.  Choosing three favorites is really difficult and I'm tempted to include half the year as my honorable mentions.

PodCastle 88: Another End of the Empire.  I've consumed far too much parody done poorly.  This, everyone, is parody done right.
PodCastle 90: Biographical Notes To “A Discourse On The Nature Of Causality, With Air-Planes” By Benjamin Rosenbaum
PodCastle 124: Squonk And The Horde Of Apprentices.  Squonk stories captivate me, then bowl me over with laughter.

I think you'll find that this is not, in fact, the nominations thread.

Boggled Coriander

• Lochage
    • Balancing Frogs
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 12:16:44 PM
Oops.  Fixed.

"The meteor formed a crater, vampires crawling out of the crater." -  The Lyttle Lytton contest