Author Topic: A very Star Trek wedding  (Read 3428 times)

Talia

• Muahahahaha
on: January 05, 2011, 08:04:16 PM
Chris Doohan just sent out this pic over Twitter. Love it!!!

His caption: "Dad's wedding pic (2nd marraige ) with Gene Roddenberry and best man, Leslie Nielsen. "

http://twitpic.com/3nbdvf

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:29:03 PM
For the record, this wedding will set the high water mark for how Doctor-Who-ish a wedding can, or could, ever be.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 08:40:53 PM
For the record, this wedding will set the high water mark for how Doctor-Who-ish a wedding can, or could, ever be.

Hah, wow, that's awesome. I'm vaguely amused her last name is similar to current Dr. Who producer/writer Steven Moffat.

Everybody else in the world probably knows this but me, but this bit of trivia from the show's IMDB profile entertained me:

"Richard Dawkins, who cameos as himself in Season 4's penultimate episode, is married to Lalla Ward, who had played one of the Doctor's previous companions, Romana, during Tom Baker's tenure."

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 02:51:54 AM

Cool. He married one of the flight attendants from Pan-Am's space plane Orion III

Gene and Leslie got their St. Lucia hats on too.

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 04:00:27 AM
Hah, neat. I hadn't realized.

Yeah those light things do kinda look like hats don't they :P (I believe they're mounted on the wall :P)