Author Topic: The unaskable question  (Read 20487 times)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 04:53:21 AM
I did Metastasis.  Hopefully you'll enjoy when you get back that far.  It's relatively recent; Episode 27.

*resumes waiting for Pseudopod with bated breath*

*suffocates after three minutes*

*comes back as a zombie, ends the world*

Balu

Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 01:51:58 PM
Nice! I listened to that one when it came out. Loved the way that the cancer seemed to have hold of the city too.

The production was spot on too. It's so difficult to get the backing music right for things like this, but those guys got it just right.

FamilyGuy

• Matross
Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 03:28:40 AM
Coming soon to the Syfy channel:  SS Doomflu.

Glad you are feeling better Alasdair and I am eagerly awaiting your return!

When will all the rhetorical questions end?

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 04:34:47 AM
I thought the doomflu was but a myth!

Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

H.P. Lovecraft

"The Tomb"

Goddamn, but that was one boring-ass story.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

pitmonkey

• Extern
  • I'm just here for the beer... and stories.
Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 02:23:46 PM
Thanks for the update as I too was beginning to wonder.  I understand the doomflu.  Our last six weeks has been an Iliad of Illness as well.

Looking forward to new stories, I'm just now getting caught up so I wasn't too put out by the disruption of service.

Proud 1%er (w/in Escape Artists only)
Nothing else to see here folks.

iamafish

• Matross
    • Thoughts from a Fish Bowl
Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 10:18:44 PM
based on the foolish pride of an arrogant young warrior who acts selfishly until an old man pleads with him to remember the code he claims to follow and treat the dead with dignity?

best. illness. ever.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:47:29 AM by iamafish »

flyonwall

• Extern
Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 11:38:25 PM
glad to hear the great and evil Doomflu has been bested.

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 03:50:29 PM
I'm so glad to hear that nothing worse than doomflu has happened to Pseudopod. I've been with it literally since the beginning when it split off clawed its way, fully formed, from the bloody body cavity of Escape Pod.

I shall patiently await your triumphant return.

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 10:01:16 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to do a quick announcement to podcast subscribers that PP will be back on-air shortly?  I imagine there are many listeners who do not read these forums who still have no idea what's going on.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 02:34:20 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to do a quick announcement to podcast subscribers that PP will be back on-air shortly?  I imagine there are many listeners who do not read these forums who still have no idea what's going on.

That seems like a good idea, especially since PP is also closed to submissions right now, some fans might be worrying.

smFish

• Extern
Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 12:38:02 AM
Dear Pseudopod...

I cn haz podast plz?

OK sorry.  It's just that this seems (albeit unintentionally) the second lengthy hiatus in the last year for Pseudopod.

Wanted to echo the above posters - do please let us know what's happening.  Is there work in progress we can expect to see soon?  Anything we can do to facilitate this?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 03:00:46 AM
Pseudopod grants no parlay!  It's the plank for ye!

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 04:05:29 AM
PotC has ruined that phrase forever.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 05:57:12 AM
:'(

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 06:22:31 AM
It looks like an announcement will be coming very soon.   Please keep chairs in a locked, upright position.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 06:24:30 AM
Can I keep my tray down?  I'm enjoying these peanuts but the crumbs get everywhere.

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 07:37:22 PM
Dear Pseudopod...

I cn haz podast plz?

OK sorry.  It's just that this seems (albeit unintentionally) the second lengthy hiatus in the last year for Pseudopod.

Wanted to echo the above posters - do please let us know what's happening.  Is there work in progress we can expect to see soon?  Anything we can do to facilitate this?

Like I said upthread, I was supremely ill for six weeks and this was followed by family members being supremely ill.  Situations now, slowly, resolving and I'm back on track:)

iamafish

• Matross
Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 02:53:03 AM
do you have any idea of a timeline for when the 'pod will be back online? Or is it all still up in the air? Hope your life gets back on track soon, anyway.

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 07:00:05 AM
do you have any idea of a timeline for when the 'pod will be back online? Or is it all still up in the air? Hope your life gets back on track soon, anyway.

Young one, I counsel patience. Things happen when they happen.

iamafish

• Matross
Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 07:12:17 AM
thanks, I'd just love to know when :P My burning desire for Alistair soft, soothing monologues is killing me!

TO THE ARCHIVE

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 08:28:04 AM
♫ killing you softly with his words ♬

smFish

• Extern
Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 06:22:54 PM

Like I said upthread, I was supremely ill for six weeks and this was followed by family members being supremely ill.  Situations now, slowly, resolving and I'm back on track:)
[/quote]

Good enough.  It was that pesky pattern recognition thingy leading me down the wrong path.  Hope you're recovering well!

Tsulaa

• Extern
Reply #47 on: March 03, 2011, 02:51:13 PM
 :)Yay!  Learning of the return of the 'pod & Alistair has made my day!  Since Thanksgiving, my little family has been hit by one illness after another.  After a too short break in late January, we were all smacked down once again by another nasty bug.  It has been another two+ weeks of medicines, tissues, salt water gargles, steam showers, & hot toddies, but I think we're finally coming out of it.  These last few months sure have taken the stuffing out of us...I can sympathize!

Besides the hot toddies, the only good thing to come out of this rough patch has been all the time spent listening to these incredible podcasts.  I'm so glad to hear my favorite can be anticipated rather than grieved!  My fingers will be happily skipping their way across the keyboard to send my support.  Take care!

"...with magic soakin' my spine" ~The Killers

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #48 on: March 04, 2011, 02:49:49 PM
:)Yay!  Learning of the return of the 'pod & Alistair has made my day!  Since Thanksgiving, my little family has been hit by one illness after another.  After a too short break in late January, we were all smacked down once again by another nasty bug.  It has been another two+ weeks of medicines, tissues, salt water gargles, steam showers, & hot toddies, but I think we're finally coming out of it.  These last few months sure have taken the stuffing out of us...I can sympathize!

Besides the hot toddies, the only good thing to come out of this rough patch has been all the time spent listening to these incredible podcasts.  I'm so glad to hear my favorite can be anticipated rather than grieved!  My fingers will be happily skipping their way across the keyboard to send my support.  Take care!

A head's up:  I received some communication yesterday from Pseudopod staff about my upcoming story, so there's definitely some staff activity behind the curtain.   :)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #49 on: March 04, 2011, 02:54:31 PM
O frabjous day!  (oops wrong podcast)