Author Topic: A Kibitzer Production  (Read 4000 times)

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
on: September 17, 2011, 08:42:28 AM
Hello folks! I do various narrations in the pod-o-sphere and -- for better or worse -- I'd like to point out two productions that were entirely mine.

First, "From Around Here" by Tim Pratt. Mr Pratt is, of course, beloved by all the EA 'casts and very well known in online audio genre circles.  This story aired as three eps on Cast Macabre. It's my first ever full-cast, sound-and-music production. You'll hear the voices of The Kibitzer, Dave "I'm The King" Thompson and Wilson "Awesome Voice" Fowlie. And also, the voice of my friend Mae Zarris, who plays the part of "Sadie" and to my mind, does it fantastically well. She's a Phillipina and so has an accent -- hope you can listen around that because I think she's a real talent. Links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.

Second, a "radio play". An Aussie guy, Tim Heffernan, runs The Drama Pod and I did a story for him. It's one of his "Quantum Door" series (think "Twilight Zone") and it's all me: I did all the voices and gathered the sound effects according to Tim's script. It's called "Fool's Paradise" and might be diverting for a few minutes. :-)

So there ya go. If you have any feedback I'd love to hear it, honestly, good or bad. I mean, it's great to hear "wow I loved that" but "this could've have been improved by..." is awesome. Constructive criticism is good!

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 04:41:52 PM
Kibitzer and Tim Pratt.  2 of my favorite things.  Cool!

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 05:41:47 PM
Cool! Will definitely check them out! :) Speaking of, who's doing the producing for Cast of Wonders? I would have thought that was you as well?

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 10:13:08 PM
Cool! Will definitely check them out! :) Speaking of, who's doing the producing for Cast of Wonders? I would have thought that was you as well?

Host and producer, yup. Cast of Wonders.

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 12:38:14 AM
Sounds cool - will try to make time for them.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 01:50:37 AM
Win. Will check these out ASAP :)

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 02:53:00 AM

Host and producer, yup. Cast of Wonders.

Wow, you're becoming a busy guy! Congrats :)

*Mild Spoilers Below*
I've listened to Fool's Paradise so far, loved most of the voices and the boss' annoying voice was supposed to be annoying so well done on that. Hm, constructive criticism. The only thing that stuck out to me was that the MC seemed to be middle management (read: small office) but the door closing sounds made it seem like a large empty space. The general office noises and howling wind noises were particularly well done. My biggest complaint had to do with the writing itself: I really wish the author had left off the last paragraph or so and not clarified which reality was true and which was the hallucination.