Escape Artists
April 24, 2014, 03:15:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This Dunesteef Thingy  (Read 2514 times)
Spindaddy
Peltast

Small god of doughnuts

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 08:09:44 AM »

*sigh* I'm lost and hoping that y'all can enlighten me. What is Dunesteef?

I'm new to podcasts. I had thought Podcasts were just audioblogs and never really bothered listening to them. Since discovering Podcastle and subsequently EscapePod, my curiosity has been aroused and I'm very interested in learning more about all of these other audio fictions sites. I've heard of other places like the Drabblecast, but I haven't visted them...yet.

I noticed ElecPally said something about single-narrator and multiple voices? Is this something similiar to the "old radio-theater" podcasts that i've heard of in random intros and outros?

What is this Dunesteef that you all speak of?

I'm not evil. I'm corporate.
Devoted135
Hipparch

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 08:25:53 AM »

Welcome to the world of podcasts, Spindaddy! Cheesy You've definitely started strong with Podcastle and Escape Pod (definitely check out Pseudopod if you like horror...I happen to not).

The Dunesteef runs sf/f/horror/random stories but instead of only one reader (like Podcastle) they try to have each character voiced by a different person. They also add a lot of sound effects and music in the background so that it ends up being like an audio movie. The stories typically fall between 25-45 minutes long and then the two hosts talk about whatever they feel like (usually "geek"-related, I enjoy listening but you can easily skip) for the rest of the time, so don't be scared off by the length of each episode.

The Drabblecast falls in the middle in that Norm typically does all of the reading, but he does employ music/sound effects much more than Podcastle does. These stories are typically shorter, plus he's got a number of recurring segments such as Drabblenews (news stories so weird you couldn't make them up). You should definitely check both of them out! Smiley
Spindaddy
Peltast

Small god of doughnuts

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 07:52:34 PM »

Thank you!!

I will definitely check Dunsteef out now that my little one has gone to sleep. I will also make my way over to the Drabblecast as well. Thank you for the clarifications!

I'm not evil. I'm corporate.
Swamp
Hipparch

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 12:05:41 PM »

Wilson Fowlie narrates the story "All The Cool Monsters At Once" by James Alan Gardner over at the Dunesteef.  It is a fun little story.  Check it out.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast
ElectricPaladin
Hipparch

Holy Robot

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 12:12:55 PM »

Wilson Fowlie narrates the story "All The Cool Monsters At Once" by James Alan Gardner over at the Dunesteef.  It is a fun little story.  Check it out.

Yeah, the story didn't thrill me, but the narration was incredi-f*<king-bul, as usual.

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: