Author Topic: Best Pseudopod of 2010 poll II!  (Read 4313 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: February 10, 2011, 01:25:28 AM
Alrighty!  Sorry for the delay folks, and now without further ado, I present to you the Best of Pseudopod 2010 poll!

There were 12 stories that received two or more nominations, and so they are split into two separate polls.  The top three of each poll will then run against each other in a final round poll.
We have a great selection of stories in this second poll, from pedophilia to dog oil.

Most people enjoy the new year, however it has brought nothing but sorrow for my village and me for as long as I care to remember.  There used to be sixty odd people hustlin' and bustlin' 'round the village square on any given day.  Now, we'd be lucky if there were sixty people left in the village at all.  The Best of Pseudopod Poll, like every year, will be coming soon.  Last year, it took my mother.  Last year, it looked at me, hungrily.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 06:27:30 PM
Wow, I ended up voting for current Second Place, and two losers, one of which I'd expected to be in first or second place.

Poll results don't line up with my best estimate of forum response to stories, which is interesting.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 03:44:22 PM
Short-term sudden death poll for third place? Or are you going to kick them both out and make the finals the top five instead? Or jump past and go with top seven?

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 06:20:06 PM
Neither!  By the power vested in me, by the creeping tentacles of Pseudopod, I hereby break the tie for third with my vote!

Just... gimme a few minutes, both of those stories are still in my backlog, so I'm listening now muahahaha.

Final poll will be up later today.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 08:30:46 PM
And the winner is The Nimble Men.  The Engine of Desire didn't do much for me aside from the awesome reading/accent.  I liked The Nimble Men, it was pretty intense.

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 10:07:28 PM
Go Nimble Men, Go!

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 05:01:23 PM
I would have been happy to see either proceed, but The Nimble Men is a more solid, traditional ghost story. Its strengths overcome the horror of the inclusion of poutine.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”