Author Topic: Interesting project Matthew Wayne Selznick is working on  (Read 4719 times)

Talia

• Muahahahaha
I know some of you have heard Selznick's postcast novel 'Brave Men Run.' (or picked it up in print). Anyway, he's releasing a new fantasy this summer and is writing it now. As he does so, he's putting out weekly youtube videos discussing his novel and his creative process, and welcomes feedback.

Anyone who enjoyed his first book may want to have a gander (no spoilers), or just anyone interested to hear him discuss his writing process.  

http://www.mattselznick.com/

Just thought I'd put it out there.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:49:31 PM by Talia »

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 01:44:03 AM
How necessary is it to have read his novel?  Or to want to read his next one?

I'm plenty interested in the creative process of successful writers, but I've honestly only found time to read a very select few novels in the last couple years.  And besides the time, I find I often don't have the attention span for novels anymore despite reading some real doorstops when I was younger.  My fluff allergy has gotten worse and worse to the point where I could only finish reading one of the Hugo nominees last year, although I managed the Novellas.  I often find myself skipping those in the magazines lately too, although that could just be Kristine Kathryn Rusch Fatigue.

Anyway, I doubt I'm going to want to read his novel, I've got quite the backlog of novels I have much more interest in, but I might still be interested in his process.  Do you think it would be worthwhile with no knowledge of the books?
I enjoyed perusing Rudy Rucker's writing notes files despite most of them being for books I hadn't gotten around to yet.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:46:06 AM by Umbrageofsnow »

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:43:56 PM
Oh yeah, I think so. I was just mentioning it because I figured the only reason people would want to take a look is because they're familiar with his other stuff. But anyway he's just getting started and has only put up two episodes so far, each about 15 minutes long, so you can go to his webpage and scroll down.. watch the intro video, or watch the first episode, you'll get a feel for whether you want to continue with it or not. :)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 05:50:51 PM
Who is Matthew Wayne Shepard?  :P

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 06:49:59 PM
ARGH!  That's horribly embarrassing. Fixed.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:11:33 PM

I thought it was weird that you missed that, especially since you put a link that said "Selznick" in the post  :P :P

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 09:47:18 PM

I thought it was weird that you missed that, especially since you put a link that said "Selznick" in the post  :P :P

Right? I blame exhaustion.

Or evil internet gnomes.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 06:04:09 PM
Right? I blame exhaustion.

Or evil internet gnomes.

The E.I.G. are quite nefarious, you don't need to tell me.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 03:41:03 PM
Apologies, the E.I.G.'s were our fault over at Pseudopod.  I kinda forgot to feed them, and they got out of their cage.  I'm still trying to round the last few of them up.

I'll have to check out Selznick's videos, I did enjoy Brave Men Run quite a bit.  I think it was one of the first podcast novels that I listened to, if not the first.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?