Welcome to the Escape Artists Forums. We're glad you've decided to become a part of this community and discuss stories from all of the podcasts, as well as everything else under the sun. Since this forum was created, we've only found it necessary to have two major rules.
1. Be civil and respectful.
That's our Big Rule. Let's give some examples.
Insulting somebody? Then you're breaking The Rule. Knock it off. Trolling? That would be in violation of The Rule, too. Quit it.
Disagreeing with somebody? Posting about how much you disliked a story or disagree with someone else's perpsective of the story? Well, that depends. Are you being an asshole about it? No? Then all is well. Feel free to voice any opinion you may have, just keep it clean.
Simple, right? That's our only major rule on these boards. You can read more into The Rule like be respectful and polite to others, don't spam, don't post images of pornographic or NSFW material (or, if you must, put it behind a link with a disclaimer), etc. But really, it all boils down to being respectful.Examples of bad behavior:
- This author has always written sappy, below average work. Why editors haven't figured this out yet is beyond me.
- The author clearly suffered from a bad break up and wrote this to cope.
- The reader sounds like they have a clothes pin on their nose the whole time. Tell them to breathe or edit it out of their recording afterwards if you're able to.
- Keep your day job.
- You must be running low on submissions. This story was a heap.
- That's not at all what the author is telling us in this story. You either weren't paying attention or you're letting you're self importance cloud your judgement.
- How dare you disagree with my assessment. You can't even spell correctly.
Okay, now that we've got that out of the way, the second rule is simple:
2. Have fun!