Author Topic: Pseudopod Metacast, Mar 2011  (Read 8365 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: March 16, 2011, 04:11:07 AM
Pseudopod Metacast, Mar 2011

Pseudopod is back!!! Huge thanks to all the donors past and present. Here’s some administrivia while you’re waiting for the next story.

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:18:08 AM
Bye Ben (well not really), it's been great.  :)

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 04:27:10 AM
Many thanks, Ben. I owe you a beer next time you're in town.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

eytanz

Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:28:20 AM
Thanks, Ben, for all the excellent work you've done for Pseudopod in the last few years - and it's good knowing that you'll still be contributing (and still CEO of Escape Artists).

And welcome to your new roles, Shawn and Graeme - here's to a great future for PP!

Edit to correct spelling of names.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 12:30:33 PM by eytanz »

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 11:28:59 AM
Thanks Ben! And thanks for stepping up, Graeme & Shawn. :)

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:05:46 PM
Ben, you're stepping away as a full O.G. and you will be missed here. I'll look forward to hearing more of your readings, and please make sure to keep us posted on wherever you venture from here. Whatever that may be, if you need help give me a call. It's an honor and a pleasure to serve with you.  ;)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 01:41:28 PM
Thanks for the metacast update!  Ben, you'll be missed.  Besides picking lots of my favorite stories (The Button Bin comes to mind), you were also the one to send me my very first acceptance letter, so you'll always be high on my list of awesome people.  if I see you at a convention I'd like to buy you lunch or something.  :)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 05:46:42 PM
Ben, truly, the amount of work you have done on the cast is staggering.  Editting, producing, even hosting back in the day.  Truly amazing!

Great to hear Graeme will be producing.  He is becoming quite the Master of Horror between here and Cast Macbre.  Good on ya, mate.

I have also been impressed by Shawn's knowledge of horror as he contibuted so much, and even set me straight a few times, when I was running the Best Horror Movie Ever polls.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you've got.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 10:57:54 PM
Thanks Swamp.  I have big shoes to fill (with holes where seemingly talons came out...)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 11:38:20 PM
So glad Ben will still be reading from time to time. He's one of the good ones.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 01:48:02 AM
Well I've made no secret of my... ummm... platonic like for Pseudopod so to Ben a huge THANK YOU for bringing us thus far! And to everyone else -- Al, Shawn, Joe, Gary and BDoomed, not even sure who all toils away in the mines of horror-onium.

Feel free to feed me back feedback on the sound production. Thanks folks!

(and hey this is a small thing but thanks to all for spelling my name correctly :-)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:52:02 AM by kibitzer »

Hafwit

• Extern
Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 11:56:38 AM
Thanks for all the hard work, Ben.  :) Good luck with the future.

"There is no safety in numbers, or in anything else." -- James Thurber

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 02:16:50 PM
And congratulations to Shawn as well!  I'd meant to say that in the original post but... I didn't.   :)

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 08:55:10 PM
Farewell to Ben, with thanks for the narrating opportunities you were able to throw my way!

Congrats and good luck to Graeme and Shawn!

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

iamafish

• Matross
    • Thoughts from a Fish Bowl
Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:21 AM
farewell ben. I have greatly enjoyed Pseudopod in the short time I've been listening to it. I look forward to hearing you narrate more stories in the future (because you really do do an awesome job of it). I wish Shawn and Graeme the best of luck in their new jobs. I'm sure they'll both do a fantastic job.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 01:30:41 PM
farewell ben. I have greatly enjoyed Pseudopod in the short time I've been listening to it. I look forward to hearing you narrate more stories in the future (because you really do do an awesome job of it). I wish Shawn and Graeme the best of luck in their new jobs. I'm sure they'll both do a fantastic job.

On a completely unrelated note, I thought of you the other day, iamafish, while reading Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine.  Your avatar name was written all over one page from top to bottom.  :)  Twas labeled as a "Red Dwarf Tribute Page"--I've never seen it, so I didn't get the tribute.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 03:22:27 PM

On a completely unrelated note, I thought of you the other day, iamafish, while reading Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine.  Your avatar name was written all over one page from top to bottom.  :)  Twas labeled as a "Red Dwarf Tribute Page"--I've never seen it, so I didn't get the tribute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkF7Bj5cxJU
----------------

Congratulations and welcome to Graeme and Shawn, and many thanks to Ben, who did really quite a lot of hard, time consuming work for PP and the other 'casts.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 05:41:38 PM
Am I alone in thinking it should be called the "Pseudopod Meatcast"?

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Jim Bihyeh

• Palmer
  • It is the Tale. And the Teller.
Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 11:28:39 PM
Ben, you are a force for bloody, muddy, panic-inducing good in this world. You'll be missed as the editor, but I'm also glad you've left Pseudopod in such good hands!

I'm happy to have Pseudopod back in the car with me, to haunt me during those 5:00 a.m. drives to work. And, yes, those 45 minute drives are in the dark. As they should be.

May Pseudopod remain undead.

The way you walked was thorny, through no fault of your own. But as the rain enters the soil, the river enters the sea...

iamafish

• Matross
Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 04:39:29 AM

and that is the origin of my username.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 01:20:14 PM

and that is the origin of my username.

I figured it was either that or your username is the origin of Red Dwarf.  ;)

iamafish

• Matross
Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 10:04:44 PM
funny story: i wasn't born when that episode was aired.

Millenium_King

• Lochage
    • Ankor Sabat
Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 06:04:50 PM
Much thanks and a fond farewell to Ben.  He was the first editor to accept something I wrote.  His bravery in accepting pieces which were challenging, non-conventional, controversial or just plain out of the box has been nothing short of phenomenal.  It really helped make pseudopod the impressive place it is today.  I am glad he will be back for narration from time to time (he also narrated my story!).

And congradulations Shawn!  I am happy to hear he will be taking the reigns.  They will be in very good hands.  Shawn's understanding of literature puts us all to shame!

Looking forward to a dark future with Pseudopod.

Visit my blog atop the black ziggurat of Ankor Sabat, including my list of Top 10 Pseudopod episodes.

wingodzilla

• Palmer
Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 04:50:40 AM
funny story: i wasn't born when that episode was aired.

AHHH!!!!! That was age that just bit me in the ass!!!!

Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them. ~ Aristotle (384 - 322 B.C)