Author Topic: Escape Pod 632: Lucky Shot (Part 1)  (Read 3018 times)

divs

on: June 22, 2018, 04:51:06 AM
Escape Pod 632: Lucky Shot (Part 1)

AUTHOR : Gerri Leen
NARRATOR : Alethea Kontis
HOST: S.B. Divya

---

Lieutenant Sirella Nacleth breathes in green dust and tries not to cough. Her feet feel too heavy to move, but she forces herself to walk on, ignoring the heat that blasts down and around her, heat carried by winds that do nothing to cool the air from the sun above. This planet is a harrowing furnace, and she is bound here for the rest of her life—or until her people find her.

Or until her enemy’s people do. She glances back and sees that the Vermayan has finished filling in the deep grave he put his crewmates’ bodies in. She’s assuming the Vermayan is a he. It’s hard to tell from where she stands, and she doesn’t intend to get very close if she can help it.

If their ships hadn’t crashed almost on top of each other, she might not have seen him for days, if at all. But their ships did land nearly twisted together, and the bodies of the crews are strewn all over. She has to get closer to him than she likes just to retrieve her dead.

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!

Moritz

• Lochage
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 10:40:35 AM
Just for my mp3-player/workout/time planning - how many parts does this story have?

acpracht

• EA Staff
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 08:01:47 PM
Just for my mp3-player/workout/time planning - how many parts does this story have?

Two.

MissTori

• Extern
Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:16:31 PM
This reminded me SO MUCH of the 80's movie Enemy Mine with Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett Jr. Obviously the second part was very different, but I really enjoyed that bit of nostalgia.

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 01:22:36 PM
This reminded me SO MUCH of the 80's movie Enemy Mine with Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett Jr. Obviously the second part was very different, but I really enjoyed that bit of nostalgia.

I had exactly the same reaction.

acpracht

• EA Staff
Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 02:20:22 AM

I had exactly the same reaction.

Funny thing is... I've only ever read the story. Didn't even realize there was a movie until several years after that... but still have never watched it.