Escape Artists
November 18, 2018, 10:22:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EP284/EP634: On a Clear Day You Can See All the Way to Conspiracy  (Read 19849 times)
LaShawn
Lochage

Writer Mommies Rule!

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2011, 11:12:27 AM »

I work in a community garden, and a bunch of people kept coming over asking if I was okay as I sat there in the dirt, laughing my ass off. The format was *perfect*! This is a story I'm going to recommend to all my conspiracy friends and relatives. And sadly, I have a lot.

--
Visit LaShawn at The Cafe in the Woods:
http://tbonecafe.wordpress.com
Another writer's antiblog: In Touch With Yours Truly
Ichneumon
Matross

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2018, 12:12:31 PM »

Not my favorite. Others have pretty much covered the issues I had.
CryptoMe
Hipparch

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2018, 08:37:55 AM »

Interesting to revisit, both the story and the comments (including my own).
I still found the story fun, but seemed to notice more of the problems this time round, specifically how recordings open the possibility for people learning and not being mind-wiped. I also laughed out loud at the skeletons on the front lawn line again (I guess I am consistent).
dwarzel
Extern

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2018, 03:59:54 PM »

Author here.

I don't know if it's gauche to recommend other podcasts, but The Drabblecast did an excellent rendition of this story as well, and put quite a bit of work into it.  Speaking for myself, I consider it a must listen (the media player is down at the bottom of the page):

https://www.drabblecast.org/2014/10/05/drabblecast-340-clear-day-can-see-way-conspiracy/

As for the most recently (re)voiced objection (recordings), all I can do is reiterate my defense at the time of the original podcast: Any recording would also have the memory-erasing sound.  I honestly believe that anyone listening to this for the first time couldn't resist listening to the entire thing and thereby hearing the sound; and, thanks to that sound, every time one listens to it is the first time...
divs

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2018, 05:17:20 PM »

We fully support the The Drabblecast! Thanks for linking to it.
CryptoMe
Hipparch

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2018, 02:27:50 PM »

Author here.
As for the most recently (re)voiced objection (recordings), all I can do is reiterate my defense at the time of the original podcast: Any recording would also have the memory-erasing sound.  I honestly believe that anyone listening to this for the first time couldn't resist listening to the entire thing and thereby hearing the sound; and, thanks to that sound, every time one listens to it is the first time...

Awesome!! I love hearing from the author!!  And while I agree that most people would listen to the end of any recordings, I can't believe there wouldn't be some people who wouldn't get to the end for some reason (late for work, distracted by spouse/dog/children/emergency, etc.). These people would eventually figure out that everybody else who did get to the end of the recording had forgotten all about it. Then those rare people who didn't get to the end would figure out that there was something problematic at the end of the recording and start passing around an edited version.... At least that is what I imagine would happen.

Still a good story, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: