Escape Artists
April 20, 2018, 10:53:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PC154: Sinners, Saints, Dragons, and Haints, in the City Under the Still Waters  (Read 11394 times)
justenjoying
Peltast

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »

This was the hight of Epic. The whole story was as big and all incumpassing as the disaster itself, and truly did the
horror of it justice. I feel, like any good peice of art, this captured the devistation better than any news reel ever could.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:57:59 AM by justenjoying » Logged
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

Anything for a Weird Life

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2018, 11:44:07 PM »

Episode 503 is a re-issue of this episode. Please add commentary for the story to this existing thread! Thanks.
Kaa
Hipparch

Trusst in me, jusst in me.

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2018, 01:20:07 AM »

I'm curious why it was reissued. Not that I didn't enjoy hearing it again, but I'm just curious.

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else
Khaalidah from Vega
Editor

K from Vega

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2018, 07:37:13 PM »

I'm curious why it was reissued. Not that I didn't enjoy hearing it again, but I'm just curious.

Thanks for asking!
Since switching over to our new jazzed up website (isn't it so pretty?) we've been in the midst of major overhauls and updates. We've come across some older stories that we consider gems and we thought it'd be fun to reissue them for newer listeners. We thought this story, in particular was a good choice for reissue considering that since we initially printed and cast it, NKJemisin has gone on to win the Hugo twice. *fans self* She's a particular favorite over in these parts.
Thanks for listening!

K from Vega
Kaa
Hipparch

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »

Since switching over to our new jazzed up website (isn't it so pretty?) we've been in the midst of major overhauls and updates. We've come across some older stories that we consider gems and we thought it'd be fun to reissue them for newer listeners. We thought this story, in particular was a good choice for reissue considering that since we initially printed and cast it, NKJemisin has gone on to win the Hugo twice. *fans self* She's a particular favorite over in these parts.

Oh, that sounds like a good idea. Smiley

Also, I think Laurice White was magnificent in this one. Well, in all of the ones she's narrated. But this one in particular. I enjoyed listening to it again and settling into that perfect rhythm that she used to perform it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:08:40 PM by Kaa » Logged

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

Kaa
Hipparch

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2018, 09:08:16 PM »

our new jazzed up website (isn't it so pretty?)

Yes! Yes, it is. Smiley

AliceNred
Peltast

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2018, 05:36:01 PM »

I found this highly enjoyable too.

Stop throwing gnomes at me. They hurt.
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

Anything for a Weird Life

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2018, 01:53:47 AM »

This episode was voted the fourth best PodCastle story of our first ten years, and was re-aired (again!) as PodCastle 516c.

If the birthday celebrations result in any spilled liquids (outside the moat), please mop up after yourselves.
TrishEM
Peltast

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2018, 01:42:02 AM »

I thought, "I just relistened to this in January. I'll just see what the intro and outro say this time."
Ended up listening all the way through, of course. Still every bit as good a story, but the fantastic narration makes it such a pleasure to hear!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: