Author Topic: Tips and tricks to filling in missing podcasts correctly, thoughts on tagging  (Read 3787 times)

Djinndustries

• Palmer
  • Half genie, all man
Hi, All,

I'm a new Escape Artists devotee and I'm busily listening to old episodes and ordered the old Pseudopod disc set. As is typical with short fiction collections of any kind, I find myself being alternately overwhelmed and underwhelmed by what gets read.

I am, however, struggling to figure out a way to chronologically fill in old files into the correct podcast chronological order without downloading tagging software and going around and fiddling with extended tagging (q.v. http://markbowers.org/home/itunes-podcast-fix)

So, could I trouble the file gnomes/imps/nanotech to possibly do what they suggest in the above link and update the archival files hosted on the site, which is basically:

This method seems to work
Submitted by Mark on January 23, 2010 - 8:47pm.
This method seems to work very well! After doing this, the file gets added to the "Podcasts" section AND shows up under the correct podcast heading. (And all without messing around with XML and hosts files.) In addition to: ITUNESPODCAST ITUNESPODCASTDESC ITUNESPODCASTID ITUNESPODCASTURL One must also add: RELEASETIME With an example value: 2008-03-07T17:30:00Z To get the podcast to show in the chronologically correct spot.

It would be super sexy and I wouldn't be so heartbroken needed to try and find files half in podcasts, half in my music.

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
I could suggest checking my Pseudopod torrents as I've tried to get the tagging and dates correct in those streams.

But that could be rather self-serving ;-)

And, welcome! Hope you stick around and enjoy the ride :-) :-)

Djinndustries

• Palmer
  • Half genie, all man