Author Topic: EP Soundproof 1: November 2010  (Read 5573 times)

eytanz

on: November 09, 2010, 10:32:30 AM
This is the first of our monthly magazines that will bring you the previous month’s Escape Pod stories and the best of the blog. We have been pushing to expand what Escape Pod does, adding an SF blog and distributing our stories via magazine format. We’re also becoming a pro market, and hope to keep paying our authors pro rates well into 2011 if the donations make it possible.

The rights are the same as in the audio — you are free to print, distribute, etc, these stories, as long as you don’t a) sell them, b) change them, or c) put your name on them. Otherwise, the more people that check out our stories, the better.

This month we bring to you two stories (as we’re on the cusp of stories that we own the epub rights to, and a handful of ones we do not): “Fuel” by Matthew S. Rotundo and “St. Darwin’s Spirituals” by D.K. Thompson.

We hope you enjoy this issue. We know that there are people out there who love to read but yet don’t like audio, and there are people out there who are hearing impaired. So Escape Pod is now in a Soundproof version, catering to more SF fans than ever. And please remember that we are completely donation driven, and if we want to keep paying authors the pro rates they deserve, we need your support. Please give, if you can.

Contents:
  • EP263: Fuel, By Matthew S. Rotundo
  • Comic Review: Superior, Written by Mark Millar By Alasdair Stuart
  • EP264: St. Darwin’s Spirituals, By D.K. Thompson
  • Book Review: I Shall Wear Midnight, By Terry Pratchett By Josh Roseman

Downloads:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 08:39:06 AM by eytanz »

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 06:21:31 PM
Oh man this is COOL!

If I wasn't already donating monthly, I'd donate monthly!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 02:01:26 AM
It is pretty cool...

Chuk

• Lochage
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 05:41:21 PM
Very cool!
I use Stanza on the iPhone to read ePubs and it's telling me it can't download this due to DRM -- should that be happening?

--
chuk

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 09:50:03 PM
Very cool!
I use Stanza on the iPhone to read ePubs and it's telling me it can't download this due to DRM -- should that be happening?

It really should not. Let me download Stanza onto mine and test things tonight, there shouldn't be any DRM on it.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 01:14:35 AM
Very cool!

Can you tell me if it will open for you in iBooks?

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Chuk

• Lochage
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 04:48:48 PM
No, I don't have iBooks installed.

--
chuk

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 08:15:43 PM
It appears to be an issue with the fonts included in the ePub, and not the ePub itself, a fixed version should go up tonight or early tomorrow.