Author Topic: EP264: St. Darwin’s Spirituals  (Read 25401 times)

gateaux

• Peltast
    • sketch blog
Reply #50 on: November 18, 2010, 06:42:31 PM
This story was really well done with awesome world building and some interesting and original ideas presented. But it really gave me the creeps! Ghosts using human bodies as vessels for sex? Does that count as necrophilia? Eeugh!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:45:38 PM by gateaux »

Dem

• Lochage
  • aka conboyhillfiction.wordpress.com
    • Suzanne Conboy-Hill
Reply #51 on: November 19, 2010, 01:02:41 PM
Does that count as necrophilia? Eeugh!

Ectoplasmophilia, maybe? Or ectorgasmophilia. Or even ectoplamsa 65" TV for the more contemporary reader.. ;D

Science is what you do when the funding panel thinks you know what you're doing. Fiction is the same only without the funding.

El Barto

• Peltast
Reply #52 on: November 25, 2010, 03:34:44 PM
Disappointing.  I don't like ghost stories and for Halloween I was hoping that Escape Pod, which I love, would have a great science fiction story with a spooky theme -- not just running from a different genre.   

Calculating...

• Palmer
  • Too much knowledge never makes for simple decision
Reply #53 on: November 26, 2010, 07:17:06 PM
I definitely think this belonged on Podcastle, and I wasn't really a fan of the main character, she just sorta seemed pathetic in the end... I really liked the idea of goggles that let you interact with ghosts, but didn't really satisfy my sci-fi fix for halloween though.

I don't know who you are or where you came from, but from now on you'll do as I tell you, okay?

Loz

• Lochage
    • Blah Flowers
Reply #54 on: November 28, 2010, 08:21:17 AM
Escape Pod has tended to always run horror stories for Halloween, even after Pseudopod launched.