Author Topic: Categories and finding stuff...  (Read 2941 times)

flippertie

• Extern
on: June 30, 2011, 01:44:42 PM
Over time Escape Pod has evolved from "Stories with a bit of Steve Ely chat before and after" to separate files for stories, reviews, written stuff (soundproof), interviews, interesting tit-bits, etc.

Not everyone wants to listen to everything and it seems to me that the Categories used to generate the RSS feeds could be usefully revised and revamped to make selection a little easier.

It would be nice to be able to simply select Audio only or Stories only - which are probably the largest audience segments.  The Podcasts category comes close but for some reason it includes the Soundproof e-book releases.

Some of the categories seem to be nested ('Family friendly' includes 'for kids'), but not all of them - (pg-13 does not include PG.)

Is it just me or would anyone else be interested in a single feed that included say just stories and important announcements?

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice

flippertie

• Extern
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 03:25:40 PM
Hey - sorry for the late reply - been away...

I want to download *Audio only* and *None of the text* - (no soundproof, ebooks, e-pub,pdfs interviews etc cause  they don't play on my device).  I know I'm not alone in wanting this.

There should be an easy way to do this  - surely? (Hint - an 'Audio' category - what could be easier?)

To get stories only I can subscribe to the five rating categories (Rated G, rated pg-13, rated pg, rated r, rated x) - and then add another 5 for Podcastle .

That's a hassle but do-able.

But if I want to participate in the Escape artists community and hear the announcements, interviews  and other stuff there is no category I can choose that does not include written files. These get downloaded and transferred to my device, and sit there clogging up space etc until i delete them manually.

Please Mur, Ben, Alisdair, Add an "Audio" tag to the list and make your jogging, driving, commuting, non-reading subscribers happy!